Wanted: Original 83' Hood

GNon345s

Looks like I'm getting back into the Conquest game and I've always wanted an original 83' Starion hood. I'm not really interested in the reproduction glass/carbon pieces. It would need to be an original steel hood with the three inserts. Minor imperfections and bad paint are no big deal. Im looking to spend $500 for something in decent shape. Driving distance from Southeast PA would be awesome! Thanks in advance for any leads!!

Original 83 hood in good shape for $500...? I do wish you luck my friend. I have a cherry one but have turned down higher offers. I'm sure some are floating around. Free bump.

Original 83 hood in good shape for $500...? I do wish you luck my friend. I have a cherry one but have turned down higher offers. I'm sure some are floating around. Free bump.

yeah you got it hanging up like a Van Gogh :D

These hoods must have started bringing $800 the day I made this thread. Because prior to posting this I researched how much these hoods have been going for on this site over the last six months. $500 seemed about average, some more, some less than that. The only exception was the one that was brand new, in the original box from Mitsubishi. That one was asking $800.

No offense intended. I bought mine in about 97 for $400 and it was in rough shape. They were easier to get then, but not easy. I stripped and painted it, now almost perfect. Over $700 is really what a nice one will go for, but it's not a rule or anything.

• 2 weeks later...