mstieg

I know this is probably going to drive you nuts. Any chance the holes for the gauges can be cut in a smaller diameter. I was basically thinking of putting the gauges in from behind after removing the bezel ring. Also this should let me use the clear plastic cover in front of the gauges. I will still want one I am thinking either way. I suppose I could have a ring welded on the inside of the holes. If you have my email please remind me to send money! :)

He can make em smaller if you size it all up and it fits for you. Just send me the EXACT size holes you'd want.

I'm good with what you have as long as I can make it work and it lines up. I havn't cut on the white piece like you did yet. Kinda glad I didn't. I'll also take any advice on you hooking up your fuel gauge to the "factory" wires? Was having a hard time deciing what to do with the circuit.

I'd be glad to post a step-by-step "How To" once I get to that point and get it programmed. I'm running the SportComp 3310 which is programmable. Might do a simulated programming with the tank sensor float out of the tank before entering 16+ gallons into the before & after calibration procedure.

Mine is programmable also just couldn't find the right wires from the factory sender unit. I'll send you the other 10$ since no one is jumping on this. As long as the turn signals match up to factory holes I'm good I think I can make it work. Let me know when your gonna make em.

Okay guys. I'm getting yours made this week. If anybody else wants on board, great, but I'm not making you wait any longer. I had a slight adjustment on the turn signal locations to get them moved in ever so slightly to line up perfectly.

BOHO - as is design, same as mine

Tae - no turn signal holes, no prob. --> I can ask them to put those turn signal hole shapes in the place of the upper/outer 2 warning light holes if you want?? Should be pretty simple for them. Please lmk if you want me to have them do this or just eliminate the turn signal holes only.

Since Tae is the only one paid up so far, lets extend this a few days or a week until I can resolve your questions. I hope to finish cutting the white plastic today and get you pics, line it all up, and check the fit. Looks good so far.

I'll ask him about running yours without the turn signal holes. It shouldn't be a problem to do that. In fact with the green arrow pieces out, I noticed those are a tad to the outside, so I'll get him to bring em in to line up perfectly vs. what you see in my recent pic. Moving to another area would depend on your line of sight and you'd have to mount the green arrow tabs and bulbs yourself. I'm keeping the white stock mounts for simplicity.

Can you give me a pic of what you're wanting? He can program that into the CNC process, so without checking, I'd figure the swirls could be as big or small as you like. That would look pretty sweet. I hope to hear back from him today.

Sorry... just caught back up w/ this. Don't have a pic, nor have I taken the Photo post 101 class. Thought most new what the silver brushed swirl Trans Am dash plate looked like? Must be my age thing? :unsure: It just looks machined in a constant overlay swirl pattern on aluminum, Left to right? It "Really" would look sweet! So, am I to understand the clear dash shield won't work/clear on these? Appologize again for the lateness in respond'n. Thanx!

Sorry... just caught back up w/ this. Don't have a pic, nor have I taken the Photo post 101 class. Thought most new what the silver brushed swirl Trans Am dash plate looked like? Must be my age thing? :unsure: It just looks machined in a constant overlay swirl pattern on aluminum, Left to right? It "Really" would look sweet! So, am I to understand the clear dash shield won't work/clear on these? Appologize again for the lateness in respond'n. Thanx!

Something like this?

http://www.essentialstyleformen.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/transam.jpg

My CNC guy can do this, but said it'd be about $100 setup for their time, as each and every swirl would need to be another programmed step. If that's good for you, we can make it happen. It'd look killer IMO and shouldn't even glare under the shroud. To clarify, that'd be $200 total for the fish scale swirl design work done on the aluminum panel done & shipped. It might take a bit longer, but he's attiment about wanting each one done just right. LMK asap what you want exactly.

Edited by mstieg

I dropped by the shop and they've been very busy lately. I hope to verify the turn signal hole adjustment Mon or Tues. and he will make yours all then within a day or two. Thanks for your patience.

btw - wiring on these looks promising, although I'll need to test it in the car before guaranteeing how to work it all out. Currently, the engine is still out. Basically some wires will be snipped from the plugs to prevent current to the green circuit sheet that may touch & short elsewhere and rerouted instead to new gauges. Most of the green sheet is for back lighting and stock gauges that's all gone. Turn signals & warning lights remain intact and functional using lower centralized part of the green sheet.

Edited by mstieg

Good news! I saw the final adjustments today and it looks perfect. Turn signals line up just right now. He's running out the 2 paid plastics today. I should be able to pick up & ship next week. Creaky, yours might take a little longer as he needs to have the 5 gauge holes removed from the program.

Sorry for the lag, the CNC shop has been slow to get to this now as they've been real busy. This is really just a side project my buddy is doing with the programming help of his boss. Can't make these any better tho.

Edited by mstieg

Something like this?

http://www.essentialstyleformen.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/transam.jpg

My CNC guy can do this, but said it'd be about $100 setup for their time, as each and every swirl would need to be another programmed step. If that's good for you, we can make it happen. It'd look killer IMO and shouldn't even glare under the shroud. To clarify, that'd be $200 total for the fish scale swirl design work done on the aluminum panel done & shipped. It might take a bit longer, but he's attiment about wanting each one done just right. LMK asap what you want exactly.

Ya know... that looks great! But for what ever reason (it's been so long since I had a Trans Am 1975-76') the swirls are a bit different, & looks smaller, maybe not fish scale???, from what my minds recall remembers? (make sense?) However, it's "On Track!" I am open to this yes, I can PMya to go over the details, is that cool? Thanx! ;)

Well, I heard today that he had to order in more material so it'll be a week or so, maybe the 24th? For the 3 of you with orders waiting, I hope that's not too far out. If so, PM me and I'll refund ya.

I'm looking forward to some install pics.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...