What makes a classic car?

infamos

I'd agree with that. I do think there might be a few cars missing from the list...

I think the RX7 should be on that list, as well as the DeLorean. And a Fairmont? Are you kidding me? Then again, old Gremlins and Pacers are collectible, so who knows....

Some cars on the list will probably end up being more collectible than others like theGrand National, Z cars and probably Supras, just due to the fact that they were more highly desired than the other cars even since they were new. I think the SQs will be collectible, but kind of lower tier.

For instance, if we look at what's been collectible in the past, we can kind of apply it to the future. For instance, old Camaros and Corvettes are hugely collectible and certain ones bring big money. There's also a collector market for lesser cars, like say the Nova. People like them and want to collect them, but most people would prefer the Vette or Camaro. I think in the future, the SQ will probably end up being like Nova collectible. The Grand National, DeLorean, and of course certain Camaro and Covettes will be the upper tier collectibles while the rest become lower tier.

^^ beat me too it. If its 25 years old, by legal definition, it's a classic car.

Now, if you look at it and go man, that's a classic - I think it has a lot more to do with styling.

A Starion screams 80s. a '55 Chevy BelAir talks about the 50s. A Hemi-Cuda reminds you of 1970.

Just like music defines generations. If a car could be labeled as defining a generation, then its a classic in my book.

• Like 1

^^ beat me too it. If its 25 years old, by legal definition, it's a classic car.

Now, if you look at it and go man, that's a classic - I think it has a lot more to do with styling.

A Starion screams 80s. a '55 Chevy BelAir talks about the 50s. A Hemi-Cuda reminds you of 1970.

Just like music defines generations. If a car could be labeled as defining a generation, then its a classic in my book.

why does every one say that 1970 was the first yr models to see lean burn eminsions

Hemi Cuda says 60's ;)

why does every one say that 1970 was the first yr models to see lean burn eminsions

Hemi Cuda says 60's ;)

Maybe it's just me, but when I think of a Hemi Cuda, I think of a 70-71 :) I wouldnt mind a 68 fastback with a 340 though...

Maybe it's just me, but when I think of a Hemi Cuda, I think of a 70-71 :) I wouldnt mind a 68 fastback with a 340 though...

I have a 68 fastback in the garage waiting for a hemi!!!