Another thread about crankcase pressure issues

joey_crandall

So I've been searching the forum and can't find anything helpful yet. Well my car has so much crankcase pressure it spits oil out of the fill cap if its removed at idle. And after shifting to third it feels like the boost stops at 4k rpm and has a hard time to make it redline. My car has an m28 head with mechanical valvetrain 100lb valve springs and balance shafts removed. It has the correct turbo PVC valve as well. It runs smooth just need to adjust the valves a bit better. So does anyone have any ideas? I have the PVC hoses all correct, could there be a few small vacuum lines switched that could cause this? Or could the stock catch can be plugged.

I meant PCV... dumb phone

Never mind I on the crankcase pressure I guess that's normal

http://www.starquestclub.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=122233&view=&hl=&fromsearch=1

But what about not wanting to pull after 3k rpm in 3rd and higher gears?

Edited by joey_crandall

Haha I had one brother say plugged cats and the other say no. I pulled the distributor apart and relubed it. I got a used vac adv from someone here I think boosted88tsi, but that was a while ago so i guess it's possible it went to crap sitting in my tool box. And I have another exhaust with a new cat and a gutted precat so ill swap that on after I get my oil leak figured out after it dries up a bit here Edited by joey_crandall

Ok. Ill take the exhaust and see if its plugged up and figure out why. What would cause the cat to plug up?

They just do over time. Running too rich, to much oil consumption and cat un-friendly thing in you oil and fuel can cause them to plug up. Mechanical cat failure like the catalyst breaking lose in the housing happen too. But even the best taken care of unit will eventually fail.

Haha it spit a bunch when I tried to fill it. So I should look into leaky injectors, tps reset and maybe leaky turbo seals. Oh and this is just great. Someone barrowed my battery and left my hood off after reconnecting the battery. It got all wet in the engine bay now I have no battery power. I put a voltmeter to the terminalsd and I have like 11.4 volts? Any suggestions there? Edited by joey_crandall

So I charged the battery still nothing. Is there a fusible link for power to the whole car. Or where can I download the manual from starquest garage has been down lately and can't download from there