Feeler: NikoFab Windshield Wiper Cowl: Official Group Buy Thread Posted

NikoFab

i would like to see a picture of what 175.00 dollars is going to look like i am sure you have already taking a picture but it may take me a long time to find it,can you please retake another picture please thanks......................

These have not been made yet...I hope to have a rendering to you guys soon.

I'm definitely in for one as well if its not too late.

Car has been sitting for 4 years and just started to get it back on the road just this week and one of my cowl pieces is broken in half. The other one is held on by zip ties.

Yes sir, I got you down.

Ok guys, I got some more done on the rendering for you this evening. Should have something for you tomorrow night. I wasn't going to put up the $750 to digitize and all that yet so it's just a power-point rendering, but it will give you a good idea. Edited by NikoFab
  • Like 1

Ok guys,

Below you will find the rendering for the wiper cowls. Please note this is just a power-point creation, it's not super-duper auto-cad or anything. But it will give you an idea of what we're going to do.

Cheers,

Nick

This first pic is just a simple shot of OEM wiper cowls. I used this as a digital underlay in Power-Point to make sure I got the spatial dimensions as accurate as possible.

http://i1299.photobucket.com/albums/ag71/Nikofab/Original_zpsknhelhlx.jpg

And here's the raw schematic removed from the original pic. The dark slots are obviously the vent locations. The light blue dotted lines reflect changes in elevation. The single line denotes the change between the upper and lower portions of the piece, and the grouped curves denote the windshield wiper pockets. The black dotted lines on the far right of the upper cowl denote the subjugated tab that sits below the mated cowl when installed.

http://i1299.photobucket.com/albums/ag71/Nikofab/Schematic_zps9fhtqwqy.png

• Like 1

Cary, i don't know for sure but im going to assume that since he is sacraficing a factory piece it will be ridged as well, i do know that he has said it will be 2 pieces like the factory because that just makes it easier to make and ship, probably install as well

So the holes are gonna be a little smaller? Looks good like that and i think less crap will get in there.

The hole width will follow the approximate vein width on the OEM cowls...slightly wider. The length is being gauged to the original edge of the outer trim element. I looked at several different vent hole shapes, but I liked these the best, even though they're the simplest. This way, these aren't going to be an extreme departure from the original OEM visual effect. Also, the way I'm going to do them, you could do a metal mesh of your choice underneath the vent holes for a cool look.

• Like 1