Battery Relocate

I've tried looking around in a few places for some help here, but no luck-

bought a rear strut bar with the battery relocate bit on it, had no tie downs in the front (figured id clean up the engine bay instead of finding some tie downs and a battery that would fit)

anyways, ive made new wires for the ground, block to alt, to chassis, and now just have to run pos. and neg. cables through to the engine bay from the trunk

i assume the only way to do this is run them through a grommet in the firewall and go through the car, just through the center console? and what about the rear seats?

if anyone has experience with this sort of thing it would be greatly appreciated

have no previous experience running wires through an interior

thanks

Aaron

You could run the wires under the panel on the passenger side door, thats what I did with all my sub/amp wires. Through the firewall > into behind radio > under glovebox tucked > down next to ecu > under panel > under rear seats > up into trunk area

any specifics on running underneath the rear seats? thats the part im not sure about

just under the carpet along the floor? or around the side

found out I will only have enough welding cable to run the negative side -

should i get any special extra insulated wire for the pos. line? dont like the idea of power lines under the carpet on metal

Its not an issue to run a battery cable in the car, wherever there was sharp edges i put a piece of rubber fuel line cut on one side around the sharp edges and then went for even fmore safety by wrapping the wire in sharp areas with a 3/4 hose slit on one side. Id show pics but my trunk is gutted at the moment.

I ran my wires through the car. i only ran a positive from front to back, for the negative it just grounded it at the back of the car. no need to run one from the front to the back.

http://www.starquestclub.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=114104&hl=

Edited by 19cturbo

Sorry to post this here but it was my only option. Can someone help me figure out why I cannot start a new thread in ANY catagory? Sorry again and thanks.

There must be... every time I start to look at one of those docs, my head explodes in frustration from trying to understand what is going on. All I know is there are pictures, misspellings, and insults in those things.

Saw 11 replies listed for my post and thought for a short glorious moment that they would all contain useful information

:o

Thanks

To those who read the title anyways <- some sarcastic sass for the rest of you