New engine break in...how many miles till boost

lol yes at 20 psi it is spinning alot faster .i said at 17 psi it around 10k .u will be shocked to see how much the rpms .go up in just in a few more psi. the one u are running i bet is a ball bearing type to right .and it has a larger hot side and wheels then the mitsu 20g.and are good to run around 25 psi.i have ran them all 12a to 20g even a ebay t3 the 19c is the best by far able to run 20 psi and is very very fast spooling.

Umm no please learn before you pass on false info. You see the five and six digit numbers on this chart? that is compressor RPM

http://www.not2fast.com/turbo/maps/td06-20g.gif

lol iam missing 3 0 i thought they where being added each time sorry but iam in the ball park see 100000k keys are sticking i was not meaning 10k Edited by conquest9113

lol iam missing 3 0 i thought they where being added each time sorry but iam in the ball park see 100000k keys are sticking i was not meaning 10k

100000k would blow appart alot of things

and you were only missing 1 0, 100k

Yeah I don't mean to stir up hate but please don't listen to conquest9113's info. The only thing you should have to worry about it having a crappy exhaust side on a 20g. The 20g will boost 25+lbs and be completely fine...however if you are using a td05 or td05h exhaust side I would be worried for you. Try to get your hands on a td06 or td06h etc.

:) truth be know all of you don't know every thing you think you know lol or another way only part of

what you know is the whole story

Phil to answer your question first tell me what spins a turbine ,exh gas flow volume and speed of the hot gas's excapeing from the engine ,, RPM is one way to increase the amount of gas volume , that much safer then raiseing the gas's temp , that 1.8 has to do more rpms to flow the same amount of gas as the v8 , sure the 5.0 is useing more air but@ .5 the air volume it still has 2.5 ltr opose'd to 1.8 ltr

boost pressure is built by the compressor wheel but is being spun by the exh turbine,, changeing wheel size like 05 to 05H or 06 is the same as changeing the props on a boat engine , it makes the work load easier , it does not change the work load

also once the set boost level is reach'd NO more exh gas is being flow'd out the exh turbine wheel,

all the rest of the exh is flow'd out of the waste gate ,,this is true reguardless of the rpms

big boost and turbo life :) to make boost the exh gas pushes against what,,the exh turbine ,

what suports the turbine wheel a brg,, for every action there is a reaction meaning the brg is takeing the force being place'd against it and hopefuly not over comeing the oil film layer that protects it from metal to metal rubing , lots of veriables come into play here , the area od brg surface the oil pressure and weight and temp of the oil , the temp of the exh houseing adds a lot of stress to the turbo brgs and oil ,size of the turbine shaft also adds to the problem , most run a Mits houseing and stock 12a exh turbine, runing at stock boost levels this turbo can last up to 150k to 200k miles as long as it's not miss treat'd but runing at 20 lbs boost few last more then 20k miles if that ,,

the long and short of it is every one is right and every one is wrong,, far too many veriables to say any one answer works for every one,, and guys with 10k or less realy have no idea how long any combo will last , but those looking for max performance could care less, but they need to understand what they do may not be the best thing for the average guy to do ,,cause they are being set up to have a huge disapointment

Hore power is expensive and the more you get out of an engine the shorter it's life span

No, changing the prop on a boat is "loosely" like changing the compressor wheel not the turbine on a turbocharger. Your thinking is backwards and incorrect.

The propellor of a boat is only relative in comparison of blade pitch / design

And to sit there and say running whatever amount of boost will cause it to only last so long is complete BS.

Your telling me Holsets dont last more than 20,000 miles?? Those come on turbodiesels btw. Mine has 118,000miles on it btw.

If a turbo is allowed to OVERSPEED (operating above and outside of its window or efficient zone) then yes they will fail. This has no play on some set psi across the board. Anything abused will be directed towards failure.

Edited by Funky Phil

And to sit there and say running whatever amount of boost will cause it to only last so long is complete BS.

Your telling me Holsets dont last more than 20,000 miles?? Those come on turbodiesels btw. Mine has 118,000miles on it btw.

(we were talking about Conquest turbo's not the world )

If a turbo is allowed to OVERSPEED (operating above and outside of its window or efficient zone) then yes they will fail. This has no play on some set psi across the board. Anything abused will be directed towards failure.

EXACTLY ,,,, 20 lbs on a 12a hot side is deff out side it's normal operateing boundrys ,,,thank you for agreeing with me :)

Yeah, good thing were not talking about 12a's......

oh but we are ,,you may not be but the other guys are,, their 20g's are in a mits 12a exh houseing and center , same center shaft, same brgs same every thing as the stock 12a

Phil i like you i'm not gona get into a drawn out agruement with you , i'l simply drop this now but your not thinking this out,,

9113 may still have a lot to learn as do i but i have been working on turbo charge'd engines for over 35 years , i pick up a little here and there , we rerbuild them to last 100k to 150k or more

A 12 a stops being a 12a when the 05 turbine goes in the thrash. Mits figed that out that is where it belonged and went to the 05h when for the 14g 05h and 14b 05h way back when.

The evo 10 uses the same chra, the same 05h shaft ,the same berings. And it supports 290 crank shaft hp from the factory.

If i recall,The op has a ebay big "20g", The kind that sells for about $269. Most work quite well for the money, but the parts in it likly do not interchange with mhi parts.

Sorry, spell check on my computer is not working to night. Few others use it any way..

12a is a compressor wheel. Thats all there is to it. The more bad info you guys allow, the more pure crap people will continue to spread.

Thanks for clearing up which turbo he has John.

For everyones benifit, The "wheel" code (16g/19c/20g) DOES NOT represent the wheels "boost pressure limit"