sealed beam conversions

aggressive threads

I would like to offer us a complete sealed beam conversion kit that will replace the entire light assembly for a newer and hid ready kit .

StallionProject86

has already installed this kit on his car

http://i234.photobucket.com/albums/ee109/hpjunke73/22905DD4-6552-45ED-BAD4-253166B4F62A-535-000000E5DE6C5718_zps7b74edc2.jpg

http://i234.photobucket.com/albums/ee109/hpjunke73/5D39791A-E325-4890-BA74-6FFCADF803F4-535-000000E5A902BD55_zpsdb6e6e38.jpg

Features

• Directly replaces halogen rectangular lamps

• Comes in the pair (2 X 200MM housings & 2 covers to keep housing sealed and dry)

• No cutting or splicing needed for the conversion

i will include the hid kit this means (bulbs and ballast)in any color ranging from 3k to 12K with lifetime warranty ! just let me know color when you place your order .

http://i234.photobucket.com/albums/ee109/hpjunke73/355668E8-BF35-4859-992A-4A43B9242DB9-535-000000E5003C0EC1_zps71d71706.jpg

</p>

Price for the kit will be for 2 sealed beams and hid kit low beams only

$150.00 shipped

If you want hi and low beams add $10

contact me or my brother for inquires and orders

my email is mendozamtrsports@aol.com

Edited by aggressive threads

these are the kind that blind oncoming traffic, kind that make me want to drive into the opposing car

only conversion style worth getting are actual real ones

http://i.ebayimg.com/t/200mm-H6054-H4-EURO-CONVERSION-HEADLIGHTS-KIT-/00/$(KGrHqMOKjME29IzI9(yBN4Wq)v8eQ~~_12.JPG

I've had no problems? I'm one that hates being blinded why would I support it.?

I understand your argument, the euro spec housings have a reduction in glare but as for these to be dot approved they need that array to light up signs, or so I've read..and that it does. But if you aim them low enough as I've done it won't be blinding to oncoming drivers. . Simple as that.

Edited by StallionProject86

can you offer the low -high HID not the low HID high halogen?

how about the dual balast setup? balast for each one for low HID and one for high HID?

oh and how about the HID setup for fogs?

Thanks,

Edited by importwarrior

I'll let my brother answer your initial question. I am not positive of how the hi-lo set works as I don't have those installed. I want to say it's one set of ballasts though it's the bulb that is a hi-lo bulb I believe.. he'll chime in about it.

As for the fogs I know we have the H3s on hand for those. Now it's been noted that the light pattern won't be concentrated due to the oem housing, so you know beforehand..I don't run them just yet so I can't attest to that but we have the kit.

Not to blow up the thread here guy, but these H4 conversion setups with HID kit sell for around $50 on eBay, it is flooded with them. H4 means it includes a built in "high beam" non-HID bulb next to the HID low beam, that's needed to pass inspection in a lot of states. That is the H4 configuration, I've never seen an H4 housing that supports two HID bulbs because it's designed to hold a single H4 halogen bulb, the HID kit is a retrofit.

I sense a little inflation here but I'm not posting any direct links to other options. I am hoping these are real glass or of a much higher quality than what's already out there, but they look jut like mine.

Not to blow up the thread here guy, but these H4 conversion setups with HID kit sell for around $50 on eBay, it is flooded with them. H4 means it includes a built in "high beam" non-HID bulb next to the HID low beam, that's needed to pass inspection in a lot of states. That is the H4 configuration, I've never seen an H4 housing that supports two HID bulbs because it's designed to hold a single H4 halogen bulb, the HID kit is a retrofit. H4 conversion with hid kit for $50.00 with lifetime warranty ? Send link please

It doesn't have two hid bulbs my hids do both high and low with a single ballast .. I'd be happy for you to purchase the "eBay" stuff and let me know how that goes thanks though . Yes they are glass

I sense a little inflation here but I'm not posting any direct links to other options. I am hoping these are real glass or of a much higher quality than what's already out there, but they look jut like mine.

can you offer the low -high HID not the low HID high halogen? Yes

how about the dual balast setup? balast for each one for low HID and one for high HID? Single ballast

oh and how about the HID setup for fogs? I believe h3 bulbs are your fogs I have not tried them yet to see the light output however I have an h3 kit ranging from 3k to 12k

Thanks,

great train of thought. well if he is going to rob the bank, i might as well too...

Dude seriously since you know everything there is to know then why bash this thread? If your not at all interested, then don't give your false opinion on these .. I'm sure there is other threads and or post you can bash on here . Please keep your negative feedback to yourself

an opinion can be neither false or truth, thus being called an opinion

alot of what is posted in this thread is fact not opinion. these housings alone are illegal because of the lack of refracters in the housing lens.

aside from looking ricer, they do infact blind incoming traffic,doesnt matter how you adjust them they have no lense to keep the light from going straight up into oncoming traffics windshields. might as well leave stock lights in on high beam all the time

oh, and ironic how this thread became as what your username describes lol

Edited by Skullzaflare

Dude seriously since you know everything there is to know then why bash this thread? If your not at all interested, then don't give your false opinion on these .. I'm sure there is other threads and or post you can bash on here . Please keep your negative feedback to yourself

I don't like seeing members get gouged, but I'm not bashing anybody. Do your thing, but don't try to call me out for telling the truth, I showed a lot of restraint. HID (one light level) highs in an H4 housing will look exactly the same as the lows, unless you get a different color. H4 highs are a piggbacked incandescent buld next to the HID bulb in a different position for momentary flashing only.

101 Propose H4 HID Kit, Hi/Low $79.99

http://www.ebay.com/itm/HID-Headlight-Conversion-Kit-w-Real-6000K-H4-Bulbs-7x6-Chrome-Housings-White-

/160880748403?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item25753d6773&vxp=mtr

http://www.hidkit.com/Mitsubishi-Starion-HID-Kits/

Lifetime warranty? From who, you? LOL

What happened here is the reason why there's not more vendors for SQs. Everytime someone wants to try something, they hear more critics than interest. That's a lot of crap to deal with to sell a couple dozen units for some obscure old car.

Think it's poor quality or too expensive? Why not offer your own sets? Competition keeps prices down and quality up for everyone.

What happened here is the reason why there's not more vendors for SQs. Everytime someone wants to try something, they hear more critics than interest. That's a lot of crap to deal with to sell a couple dozen units for some obscure old car.

Think it's poor quality or too expensive? Why not offer your own sets? Competition keeps prices down and quality up for everyone.

Understood, I just see people taking advantage. It happens from time to time. You're an honest vendor, but not everybody is. Offering something that you can buy off the shelf for half the price, straight up? The problem is integrity and respect for the members, IMO. In GP's, people ask questions. Otherwise they should have just posted it in the for sale section.

Burton, the difference between you (and other real Venders) and these types of GB, you are making your product and/or having a new product produced

in this case, its going on ebay, buying a 20 dollar set of lights, and a 25 dollar hid kit, then charging a 105 dollar handling fee

like fuze said, its just abuse. now if he was doing the same thing, say for $60. it may be worth to do just so they come from the same place, and possibly faster shipping. though your still not saving anything (like you usually do on a GB)

I don't like seeing gouging going on like everyone else, but it happens everywhere. I'm not saying we should condone it, but rather turn gouging to competition. 95% of my products exist because of a competitor overcharging. I'll see someone selling something, and realize that I can make something similar for a lower price, and still make a good profit. I might not make a killing on it, but if I can offer something and make a little money on my time, then I'm happy. It usually brings me lots of sales right away, and most times even causes the competition to drop their prices to stay competitive. That's good for the whole community.

I don't know jack about HIDs, other than you have to have the right stuff to make a set for SQ's, and probably 75% of the HID stuff on Ebay is cheap stuff that won't last. Some people know about that stuff and know what the best stuff to get is. However, there are people like me who know nothing about it, but would be interested in a set designed for an SQ by people who knew what was needed to have the best setup. Personally, I'd pay extra to have a setup that is known to work with the SQs and be quality stuff.I can't remember anyone else ever coming in and offering a HID kit for these cars before, so they're just trying to fill a niche.

Maybe this kit works awesome, but is overpriced....If so, someone should (and will) come along and offer a quality kit for less. If this is a cheap kit, then after a couple sets sell and people have problems, then the vendor will have to either step up with better product, or quit selling them.

alltogether.

GP's aren't always about getting parts for the cheapest price... I've seen lots of GPs for stuff that is not regularly sold on here, or for things that are a custom, low-volume piece. Plenty of times they can be kinda pricy because that batch of parts may be the only ones ever made. Granted, HIDs don't fall into this category because there's tons of options everywhere. But, like I said before, some people don't know jack about HIDs and just want a setup that's plug and play for their car, even if they cost more.

The fix? Someone else with HID knowledge comes in and offers a quality kit for less.... Don't get mad... get even!

Understood, I just see people taking advantage. It happens from time to time. You're an honest vendor, but not everybody is. Offering something that you can buy off the shelf for half the price, straight up? The problem is integrity and respect for the members, IMO. In GP's, people ask questions. Otherwise they should have just posted it in the for sale section.

Fuze,

For the most part I agree with you. Where I agree with you most is when you say that in a group buy, people ask questions. God knows that if none of you asked questions on my group buys, then they probably wouldn't have succeeded...or at least not done nearly as well as they did. Hell, I'll even ask questions even if they're posted in Parts for Sale...I'm not spending money without knowing exactly what I'm buying.

You've got good vendors and bad vendors. People who are here for the community, and people who are here for themselves. Unfortunatelyl the ones that get the most "pub" are the bad ones that are here for themselves. Having said that, I don't think that's what is going on here.

In the OP, he stated that he'd like to offer us a complete kit, which to me sounds like he's wanting feedback. Maybe the only mistake here was not posting a feeler thread first. I like feeler threads because they lend themselves to opinion and, at least for me, help me to make something that everybody wants as opposed to settling for one person's vision.

I give props to the OP for wanting to do something cool for our community. I also give props to those of you who shared your opinions. I believe the combination of the two of you are what we call free market enterprising.

Nick

Edited by NikoFab

Burton, the difference between you (and other real Venders) and these types of GB, you are making your product and/or having a new product produced

in this case, its going on ebay, buying a 20 dollar set of lights, and a 25 dollar hid kit, then charging a 105 dollar handling fee

like fuze said, its just abuse. now if he was doing the same thing, say for $60. it may be worth to do just so they come from the same place, and possibly faster shipping. though your still not saving anything (like you usually do on a GB)

As a club membership, we are all responsible to help "police" the community. If someone is, indeed, trying to gouge the community, then we are all charged with making sure that doesn't happen. It's one of the things that strengthens the community in the first place. I don't know jack about HID and all that, so your input is beneficial to me and appreciated. Although a GP isn't necessarily all about saving money for everybody...sometimes it's just about getting enough people together to meet the economies of scale necessary to produce something in the first place. I've learned this first hand with my group buys.

GP's aren't always about getting parts for the cheapest price... I've seen lots of GPs for stuff that is not regularly sold on here, or for things that are a custom, low-volume piece. Plenty of times they can be kinda pricy because that batch of parts may be the only ones ever made. Granted, HIDs don't fall into this category because there's tons of options everywhere. But, like I said before, some people don't know jack about HIDs and just want a setup that's plug and play for their car, even if they cost more.

Agreed. Also, there is definitely an opportunity cost involved here. I could mow my own lawn for nothing or pay someone $35 to do it. Sure I could save the $35 by doing it myself, but I could also spend that two hours making twice that much. It comes down to what your time and dollar is worth. I could paint my own car sure...but it probably won't turn out as well as having Mark do it. Not to mention the hours upon hours that I could be spending with my family, work, or other things.

As a club membership, we are all responsible to help "police" the community. If someone is, indeed, trying to gouge the community, then we are all charged with making sure that doesn't happen. It's one of the things that strengthens the community in the first place. I don't know jack about HID and all that, so your input is beneficial to me and appreciated. Although a GP isn't necessarily all about saving money for everybody...sometimes it's just about getting enough people together to meet the economies of scale necessary to produce something in the first place. I've learned this first hand with my group buys.

Agreed. Also, there is definitely an opportunity cost involved here. I could mow my own lawn for nothing or pay someone $35 to do it. Sure I could save the $35 by doing it myself, but I could also spend that two hours making twice that much. It comes down to what your time and dollar is worth. I could paint my own car sure...but it probably won't turn out as well as having Mark do it. Not to mention the hours upon hours that I could be spending with my family, work, or other things.

your comparing labor intensive and time taking things to 5 minutes of pushing a few buttons lol.

regardless, as you said it is nice to see someone try, even if it is the kind that is terrible that blind people (my friend had these conversions, i busted them out and put regular lights in his car lol)

your comparing labor intensive and time taking things to 5 minutes of pushing a few buttons lol.

regardless, as you said it is nice to see someone try, even if it is the kind that is terrible that blind people (my friend had these conversions, i busted them out and put regular lights in his car lol)

You preach the truth...and I understand your point. My rear hatch spoilers were very labor intensive (at least on my part). But the D2 group buy I have going on only costed me some paperwork, phone calls and emails...hence the great price point.

Again, I don't know jack about HIDs so the points you and Fuze made helped me out.