The Beginning of the Ultimate Starion Build

InsaneSpeed

No photochoppin peeps ! Project "Phat basturd" is a full 3" wider now front to rear including the door sills and very much staying faithful to the original body lines , I've seen a lot of this 86 lately ( an hour ago) and progress is rapid ! , knowing first hand what's going into this Starion let me just say this is gonna be one helluva BEAST !!!! :) Edited by SOTTY

Is the original rear drivetrain staying in or is it going to be some kind of a four link design-build...

In the pics we can see that the fenders were made with the original drivetrain but is this suitable for only drag application because with those tires everything is bound to explode in the starting line....?

Is the original rear drivetrain staying in or is it going to be some kind of a four link design-build...

In the pics we can see that the fenders were made with the original drivetrain but is this suitable for only drag application because with those tires everything is bound to explode in the starting line....?

We have fortified everything. Boxed in everything, upgraded bushings, upgraded hardware, 1200+ hp axles, caged it and fully framed it under the car. We are going to ATTEMPT to see what the stock rear end will hold. Honestly, Supras run 7's on a 7.5 inch ring gear with a TRD LSD in the factory rear end, factory ring and pinion. The starion is an 8 inch with LSD. I honestly think it may indeed hold up. The idea was to leave as much of the factory car as possible. In my opinion, once you tub the car, go full drag 4 link set up, etc.....it somewhat ceases to be that car anymore.

Ι agree with you all the way especially your last words about a car stopping being a car when you alter everything coming from the factory.

Gοοd luck with your project...

Now show us the frond fenders :D :D :D :D :D :D

The diff itself will be good, but the splines in the the tourqe tube are not as strong, especially once they get the slightest amount of play. So when are you going to post some real pics/specs cap't top secret? lol j/k

I will continue to be a bit evasive as to the actual overall specs of the car, as we have big plans for it, and it's promised to a magazine already, however, I will take some more pics shortly and I can tell you some of what's in it.

GTX4508r turbo

Insane Speed Custom Fabricated Stainless Turbo Manifold

Insane Speed Custom Fabricated 5 inch Stainless Exhaust

Insane Speed 2000hp Air/Water Intercooler System

Hypertune Intake Manifold w/Twin Rail Fuel System

Hypertune Billet 105mm Throttle Body

Twin Weldon 2345a Fuel Pumps

Twin -12 Stainless Hard Lines Feeding Each Rail Independently

Twin TurboSmart FPR 3000 Regulators

Nitrous Express Direct Port Fogger Wet System

Fuel Injector Clinic 2150cc Injectors (2 per cylinder)

I can't quite divulge the drivetrain of internal engine set up quite yet. ;)

it kind of looked like this one, but DVenable said it's a different one

http://i383.photobucket.com/albums/oo278/mistapickles/Dec232005ProgressUpdate-WideBodyStarquest013_zps88b489f6.jpg

it surely is not the same car...

This car's floor was all cut and the rear suspention was a 4 link monster and from all the pics i had it needed aloooooooooot of fabrication to get out in the streets while if you look again at the teaser picture his car still has,and will have our "stock" drivetrain

• Like 1

it surely is not the same car...

This car's floor was all cut and the rear suspention was a 4 link monster and from all the pics i had it needed aloooooooooot of fabrication to get out in the streets while if you look again at the teaser picture his car still has,and will have our "stock" drivetrain

NOT the same car , i too remember this car , the Insanespeed 86 retains a "stock" abiet mega "beefed up" drivetrain and will be the ultimate test to see what abuse a 88/89 diff can truly handle. :)

NOT the same car , i too remember this car , the Insanespeed 86 retains a "stock" abiet mega "beefed up" drivetrain and will be the ultimate test to see what abuse a 88/89 diff can truly handle. :)

Let's hope she holds together Scotty. We are REALLY going to test it out. If it doesn't I'll call you for a couple more. haha

did i say something different????????????

• 2 weeks later...