2014 Corvette

TexasQuest

^ what? lol Carbon fiber...?. I think it came out pretty good. Interior is nice, rear I'm not 100% sold on it but its super functional. Wait till you see the track versions.... f-ing spaceship. And it will out perform anything even remotely close it to it in cost, it always has. I love the "it looks like this, looks like that", yeah its got 4 wheels too. They copied...bla bla. No one has any idea the amount of design work that goes into something like this. The last thing designers strive for is to make it look like something currently on the road...And please don't be stupid enough to say they copied the viper. The design of this car was completed over a year ago. Edited by Convette

^ Do you really think it's going to outright OWN a GTR on the track? Something tells me.... I doubt it.

And have you looked at the paint on the current vets? My god..... it's what like 130K for a carbon version of the zr1..... and the one sitting in the dealer showroom by my house has orange peal all though the bright orange paint..... Your telling me for 130K they can't atleast paint it right? I have little to no faith in them. Look at a 20K bottom of the rung audi the paint is flawless.

Edited by jszucs

I don't believe this is a debate of quality. It certainly lacks some aspects of build or showmanship. The new Z06 is boosted and has 285's up front and 335's out back. Between simplicity, power and traction footprints......yeah, it's going to own.

I love the "it looks like this, looks like that", yeah its got 4 wheels too. They copied...bla bla. No one has any idea the amount of design work that goes into something like this. The last thing designers strive for is to make it look like something currently on the road...And please don't be stupid enough to say they copied the viper. The design of this car was completed over a year ago.

Ok... No offense but if the last thing GM designers want is to make one of their cars look like another that's on the road, please explain the HHR... Be realistic.

This vette is no different. Granted, they have a good chassis and drivetrain, but you can't tell me they didn't take ques FROM ALREADY SUCCESSFUL designs and incorporate those into this design...

And so what if the design was finished a year ago? Does that means they couldn't recycle ideas from other cars? Come on... It's a rip... It's not even done with class. It looks like a car that was photoshopped from several other cars. Just like the HHR.

lol ok. The HHR was designed by the same person who designed the pt crusier. That's why. Maybe that's all they really did, cut up a bunch of pics of other cars glued them together and said "yep" this is one boys. Car design really IS that easy.

There is absolutely no reason for them to steal the rear end off a Camaro. Convette as a employee of the company I would like to ask you when they plan to make a car that is truly forward thinking. This car like most of the performance cars built by American companies has taken its design cues from the past. The one GM car I look at and say wow that looks forward thinking in its design is the Volt. Performance cars steal from the past. Midsize are the usual bland jelly beans. Econo boxes are usually just that boxes. Although I do like the new Foci.

This has a fully redesigned SBC yeah? And still transverse leaf?

I don't really like the rear end treatment as it reminds me of one of the Camaro, which it has to be said is not pretty. Ok its downright ugly, the ugliest I've ever seen in fact.

I'll wait until one gets down here and I see it in the flesh though, (could be a while) a neighbour has the last model and that is sweet, way smaller than I thought they'd be as well. I like the old C2's.