TPS upgrade

boostinmini

well i am running megasquirt so it does not matter but i comparred the values to the starion on when i tested it an it was spot on with the starion one as per the specs in the fsm

I also am running MS and am wondering what you have noticed different with this? More accurate? Faster Response?

if your tps fails like mine did u will learn it is almost impossible to find a working one new or used, basically just an other option as a replacement, i decided to think outside the box after 4 months of searching for a tps

if your tps fails like mine did u will learn it is almost impossible to find a working one new or used, basically just an other option as a replacement, i decided to think outside the box after 4 months of searching for a tps

lol that took long for you i decided to try to fix mine after i found out that a new one is 450+shipping from where ever in a small town of japan probably

The SQ TPS IS still available. You just have to know where to look. 89-90 Hyundi Sonata 2.4 uses the same TPS sensor just with a male plug instead of a female like the SQ. Swap the plugs and it's a perfect fit. RockAuto has them for $78.

Standard Motor Products part #TH315

Wells part #TPS451

Mitsu part #ACA-TPS035

http://d3d71ba2asa5oz.cloudfront.net/82000081/images/tps035.jpg

Haha, it's just a plate to allow the new sensor to bolt up, not difficult to make one yourself at all. Great job Mike, looks good.

Almost all TPS's are going to be a 5v sensor, and almost all throttle plates are going to be 0 to 90 degrees, so in theory they'll work just fine as long as you can get the idle voltage set properly.

I've used a Ford TPS that didn't need an adapter plate. Forgot what it was off of though.

-Robert

Haha, it's just a plate to allow the new sensor to bolt up, not difficult to make one yourself at all. Great job Mike, looks good.

Almost all TPS's are going to be a 5v sensor, and almost all throttle plates are going to be 0 to 90 degrees, so in theory they'll work just fine as long as you can get the idle voltage set properly.

I've used a Ford TPS that didn't need an adapter plate. Forgot what it was off of though.

-Robert

Remember which Ford grasshopper. I'm curious.

86 starion on RockAuto still has a listing for TPS as a Airtex/Wells replacement. There catalog shows no TPS available for any other year SQ whether it be Mitsu, Dodge or Chrysler. It's $158 and I just got off the phone with RockAuto and their computer shows airtex has them in their warehouse. It would be shipped directly from Airtex.

• 5 weeks later...