Pickle's Complete Build

mistapickles

lol, of course! Happy to help. I finally learned how to search for exactly what I wanted in jegs or summit search engines. if you know the sizes, the angle you want, and all that, just type:

3/8 to -8AN 45

with that 45 as the angle. I was surprised at how many fittings are out there. Really anything you can think of for our cars. I got walbro 255 outlet to -6AN straight fittings, 3/8 NPT to straight nipple oil drain fittings, etc. The only hard part is finding out the thread pitch sometimes.

Got all my parts to re do my exhaust. I must say it has been a learning experience having my exhaust like this. My floating on bushings idea for the interior of the car didn't have any longevity, the heat ruined the bushings and the exhaust would flop with motor movement. No muffler but two resonators was exhilarating for a while but now it's just loud and having your radio turned up to 40 just for easy listening is old also. The fumes got pretty old too, every day your clothes smell like exhaust is not a good thing. This is really bad if you're sweating, it soaks into your skin. It happened because of the vortexes that happen on the sided of the car. Contrary to popular belief the air running down the side isn't really running down the side, it's billowing like the clouds in the sky. and what I've found is my exhaust shoots exhaust into this cloud and it flows into the window.

http://i383.photobucket.com/albums/oo278/mistapickles/19B7BBBB-99E5-4521-92F5-373B836FCC95-672-00000111084FDE61_zpsad83ced0.jpg

I'm going to solid mount the exhaust in the back with a flex pipe right before it goes into the car and have a flex pipe in the down pipe to absorb the vibration. I'm still going to have the two resonators but I'm going to put a muffler on it also to ramp that sound down. Going with a heavier gauge of pipe also. For the exhaust fumes I'm going to utilize canards to route the air differently... Should be fun, next weekend

Making my new exhaust tip, you start out with a U...

http://i383.photobucket.com/albums/oo278/mistapickles/EFECC7BB-6CDB-497A-9354-6E0394416813-6494-00000A34FAE36F4C_zpsc96a0601.jpg

Cut out the middle and plane edges flat with a file to make sure they line up perfectly...

http://i383.photobucket.com/albums/oo278/mistapickles/640BCD27-917C-49B2-A575-899482BFDBED-6494-00000A3517252826_zps5565e76e.jpg

Weld them together, don't worry about the middle not getting the middle, when you cut off the end you can weld in there..

http://i383.photobucket.com/albums/oo278/mistapickles/E07D21DB-D05A-4B99-862C-5FE4B13CE0D5-6494-00000A352E51E0AF_zpse13518c5.jpg

http://i383.photobucket.com/albums/oo278/mistapickles/EFDF2E25-F3FA-4BA8-AED3-345477EF4F2F-6494-00000A353D406FA3_zps9aff495c.jpg

Was planning on having my exhaust done today but I didn't have 3" exhaust flanges and of course no muffler shop in all of Las Vegas had them either... so I wait.

It looks awesome man, but I still dont understand the reason for 18 stages of paint. Its going to look like an everlasting gob stopper when you get a paint chip.. My bumper is like that cause I've painted it 4 times. Edited by Convette

It looks awesome man, but I still dont understand the reason for 18 stages of paint. Its going to look like an everlasting gob stopper when you get a paint chip.. My bumper is like that cause I've painted it 4 times.

it doesn't have a lot of color on it, just more clear. so the likelihood that a chip gets all the way through to the color is is slim, in most cases I'd be doing a touch up with a dab of clear coat. If is does get through to the color, I have the advantage of having a paint booth...lol, that I hope won't be necessary. The reason for all the clear is the depth in the paint. The thicker the clear, the shinier and deep the appearance. This isn't true for all clears, but it's something I used to do for the show cars and bikes I would paint and similar to the process of priming and blocking then re-priming and blocking. I'm going to block the clear then re-clear and block then buff, the blocking and buff take off about a mil of paint. It looks amazing, much better on metallic paints but amazing none the less on solids.

EDIT inexpensive clears shrink for a very long time and will crack if it's too thick, name brand high solids clears shrink for a day then they are done. You can build them more.

Edited by mistapickles

• 2 weeks later...
So I was on a Caribbean cruise for a week and on my plane trip back I was fortunate enough to sit next to an aerodynamics engineer from Boeing. We got to talking about this odd canard on the engine and he blew my mind on everything about my car's aerodynamics... So it looks like I'm redoing, maybe replacing, my rear wing and there are some things that are going to change on my car...

So I was on a Caribbean cruise for a week and on my plane trip back I was fortunate enough to sit next to an aerodynamics engineer from Boeing. We got to talking about this odd canard on the engine and he blew my mind on everything about my car's aerodynamics... So it looks like I'm redoing, maybe replacing, my rear wing and there are some things that are going to change on my car...

Isn't that the way it always is? As soon as you get close to done, you think of all the stuff you could have changed or done differently and have to start all over again LOL Diggin that paint scheme too... IIRC that was the design I liked the best out of the 1-2 dozen you put up. Good job.

Edited by Burton

Tip looks awesome. I just hope you got that welded 360 degrees where they meet together. Its gonna put mad fumes in the car if not.

taking my time, I put flanges on it this time... who knows, maybe this won't be a one off this time.... lol. I just want to see what the long term test of this setup will be.