Strongest u-joints

sleeper tsi

I blew the front u-joint at the dragstrip going 80mph. The u-joints were old but I did not think that they were that bad. The driveshaft dropped and when it kicked back up it took out my shifter and the shifter plate. In my opinion any new u-joint is a good u-joint.

I blew the front u-joint at the dragstrip going 80mph. The u-joints were old but I did not think that they were that bad. The driveshaft dropped and when it kicked back up it took out my shifter and the shifter plate. In my opinion any new u-joint is a good u-joint.

most important life saving mod: safety loop.

jeeze are you killing u-joints?

i've had no issues with spicer u-joints, speaking from personal experience.

. Doin a 5.0ho swap but i'm gunna use the stock drive shaft. Just gunna switch out the front u-joint and yokes to match my T-5 so i just want a strong u-joint in the back to handle the torque and yes i have a safety loop :)

PRECISION/MOOG Part # 399 $15.00 each.

rockauto.com

. I got the precision cuz carquest didn't have the moog. Edited by sleeper tsi

I blew the front u-joint at the dragstrip going 80mph. The u-joints were old but I did not think that they were that bad. The driveshaft dropped and when it kicked back up it took out my shifter

and the shifter plate. In my opinion any new u-

joint is a good u-joint.

. The reason i bought a safety loop:) Edited by sleeper tsi

. Doin a 5.0ho swap but i'm gunna use the stock drive shaft. Just gunna switch out the front u-joint and yokes to match my T-5 so i just want a strong u-joint in the back to handle the torque and yes i have a safety loop :)

Gets you a good trans option but other then that why?

No that would be a scatter shield. Loop is more a car saving mod.

I knew someone that would argue that, but when his car spun/flipped into the telephone pole after his front u-joint gave out, he died.

scatter shield saves your legs, and yes, just as important, but less likely than a u joint giving out.

^ haha not really arguing I think both are good peice of mind items...... especialy when nipping at 3X stock HP. Driving with hand contorls SUCKS. Edited by jszucs

Gets you a good trans option but other then that why?

. I bought the car for $250 and it was a pile nothing matched or worked so i did some research and found that the 5.0 swap with a T-5 tranny fit almost perfect so decided to go that rout. If everything was at least close to working i woulda just built up the G54b but didn't happen that way:(