Jdm hatch spoiler reproduction. someone do this.

Frenchi934

I have one on my car but not sure if I can get it off without breaking some rusty nuts. If I can get it off no problem you're welcome to use it.

dude that would be awesome if you could manage it. both Tim and Burton say they can replicate it

I have one on my car but not sure if I can get it off without breaking some rusty nuts. If I can get it off no problem you're welcome to use it.

PB blaster. Now get on with it! :D

Yeah, Mookeh wants too much though. We need Moto or Burton to make them because they know how cheap the SQ community is! :D Why not make both styles?

$199 for the MK-1 FRP spoiler doesn't seen too crazy. I do think that burton or MotoCam could do a better job for less. :)

Yeah, Mookeh wants too much though. We need Moto or Burton to make them because they know how cheap the SQ community is! :D Why not make both styles?

Yeah Mookeh wants too much for just about everything. And no warranty on parts or anything. But his work is pretty good...just bought a short throw from him. He ships fast as hell too.

Edited by Nikolaya

As much as i'll probably get flamed to kingdom come for this; if someone wants mine to use as a template i can cut it in half and send it over to the USA.

Sure it wont be able to be used anymore, but will be a small sacrifice for everyone else to be able to have one if someone wants to reproduce them accurately.

Im not having any luck on shipping it under $500 due to the length of it.

Can work something out if someone is interested, flick me a PM

The cardboard template idea would work well to get the overall shape as long as it was marked where the curves are.

Now as for price.... It's doubtfull I can do it cheaper than the MK1 FRP spoilers. These need to be made out of Lexan, as Plexiglass will check and crack over time (especially around the mounting holes)- all that opening and closing of the hatch creates quite a bit of vibration and will take it's toll on Plexi over time. Lexan is fairly expensive, especially compared to Plexi, so the cost just to get the material is up there a little. Then there's the time involved of molding the pieces, getting the hardware together (and possibly paint them), and the initial cost to build a mold to form them on.

I'm all about DIY Till I Die, but why not just get MK1's hatch spoiler? It's an exact replia of the old one, my boy had the original and it doesn't look as good unless you need the transparent plexi. It's not like it's unavailable or something, why knock it off when MK1 is out there making them?

Buy it on eBay and support MK1 making Starion parts... mine fits great, even got the CF version.

EBAY MK1 hatch spoiler FRP

FULL MK1 eBAY catalog

http://www.starquestclub.com/forum/uploads/gallery/album_818/gallery_1188_818_45080.jpg

Edited by Fuze

I'm all about DIY Till I Die, but why not just get MK1's hatch spoiler? It's an exact replia of the old one, my boy had the original and it doesn't look as good unless you need the transparent plexi. It's not like it's unavailable or something, why knock it off when MK1 is out there making them? Buy it on eBay and support MK1 making Starion parts... mine fits great, even got the CF version. EBAY MK1 hatch spoiler FRP FULL MK1 eBAY catalog http://www.starquestclub.com/forum/uploads/gallery/album_818/gallery_1188_818_45080.jpg

the mk1 is NOT the same as the jdm hatch spoiler... did you even look at the pictures? lol

The us market hatch spoilers were angled much more upward than the JDM one (which is much more like a late model mk2 supra hatch spoiler).

As for price, i really only think it would be successful for 150 or so. 200 is pushing it.. I know personally, i'd be out on one that costs 200. I'd likely end up making my own for anything over 150

I'm all about DIY Till I Die, but why not just get MK1's hatch spoiler? It's an exact replia of the old one, my boy had the original and it doesn't look as good unless you need the transparent plexi. It's not like it's unavailable or something, why knock it off when MK1 is out there making them?

Buy it on eBay and support MK1 making Starion parts... mine fits great, even got the CF version.

EBAY MK1 hatch spoiler FRP

FULL MK1 eBAY catalog

http://www.starquestclub.com/forum/uploads/gallery/album_818/gallery_1188_818_45080.jpg

Frenchi is correct...the US versus JDM are very much different. The first photo below is of the JDM-Spec posted earlier in this thread. The second photo is of a US-Spec unit. You can see there is a noticeable difference in the profile height for sure. And if you look at the other photos posted by the OP, you can see that the mounting method is also different. I personally prefer the JDM-Spec...but to each their own!

JDM-Spec Rear Hatch Spoiler

http://i1073.photobucket.com/albums/w396/Nikolaya77498/JDMSpec.jpg

US-Spec Rear Hatch Spoiler

http://i1073.photobucket.com/albums/w396/Nikolaya77498/USSpec.jpg