I Call The Cops!

In my new but temporary neighborhood, I'm the guy that calls the cops. Yeah, the neighborhood snitch and I lose no sleep over it.

Been here a few months and so far 3 street closures complete with ghetto birds while they search for the perps, had front house window broken by drive by lemon shooting, stalked by a crack head whos also the 'hood 'berry, a shoot out and endless weekend parties.

When the shoot out happened I called it in, when the cops came they told us our household and one other were the only ones to call! No surprise, illegals don't call cops and it seems thats all there is here. Bummer.

Just my Saturday night rant.

Man, I'm sorry you are forced to go through that. I'm glad I live in Alpharetta currently, but I've lived in Queens, NY and in Miami, FL. Areas that can tend to be not the best of neighborhoods.

I say definitely leave the job to the police officers, as a former police officer, there's nothing more annoying then when you have to arrest the "good guy" because he got all vigilante.

Stay safe man, I hope you're able to find a new residence soon, for your own sake :)

illegals don't call cops

so then why are you calling them?

http://www.emofaces.com/en/smilies/s/scared-smile-hiding-behind-couch.gif

Also I swear to whatever deity or lack thereof that you pray to, if you're at Drift Atlanta next weekend and DONT tell me I WILL fly out there to call you a butthole to your face. :D

Edited by Fanta

so then why are you calling them? http://www.emofaces.com/en/smilies/s/scared-smile-hiding-behind-couch.gif Also I swear to whatever deity or lack thereof that you pray to, if you're at Drift Atlanta next weekend and DONT tell me I WILL fly out there to call you a butthole to your face. :D

LOL No Drift Atlanta this year. Too darn busy with real work to escape for the weekend. My friend Jeff Jones will be there in his new LS1 powered S14 240SX. He's cool peeps yo.

This 'hood blows king kong scrotum. We ended up here out of necessaty to move, but I don't plan to stay beyond the end of our lease. Rent is so darn expensive in SoCal. The housing bust has driven rental property prices off the scale.

LOL No Drift Atlanta this year. Too darn busy with real work to escape for the weekend. My friend Jeff Jones will be there in his new LS1 powered S14 240SX. He's cool peeps yo.

This 'hood blows king kong scrotum. We ended up here out of necessaty to move, but I don't plan to stay beyond the end of our lease. Rent is so darn expensive in SoCal. The housing bust has driven rental property prices off the scale.

No kidding. Alpharetta is sort of stupid fly. A home that fetches $120k 10minutes up the road to the next city, fetches ~$200k here. The icing on the cake was me driving by an active development of homes for $400k+

On the flipside - I hate how people want $5500 for a mid-90s honda civic with body damage, mismatched/primered body panels and over 200k on the odo

Man you chose that neighborhood. You lived down the street before you moved. You knew what it was like. Why the hell did you stay?

Man driving through and living here is two different things. I knew it was not perfect, but figured how bad can it be? It's not like daily gang infested but it's not pretty either. We were in serious need to get out of the previous property so it was a decision made in desperation.

I was too damn stubborn to pony up $2400 for a rental in North Hills. Before the lease comes up we gonna start looking to get out. I hate the thought of moving again, we've got so much darn crap, Starion crap!

Man driving through and living here is two different things. I knew it was not perfect, but figured how bad can it be? It's not like daily gang infested but it's not pretty either. We were in serious need to get out of the previous property so it was a decision made in desperation. I was too damn stubborn to pony up $2400 for a rental in North Hills. Before the lease comes up we gonna start looking to get out. I hate the thought of moving again, we've got so much darn crap, Starion crap!

$2,400 in North Hills? Brother, for $2,400 a month you can easily get a sweet spot in Glendale, La Crescenta or Burbank. North Hills is still pretty ghetto. Were you renting a mansion there for $2,400???

Man, I'm sorry you are forced to go through that. I'm glad I live in Alpharetta currently, but I've lived in Queens, NY and in Miami, FL. Areas that can tend to be not the best of neighborhoods.

I say definitely leave the job to the police officers, as a former police officer, there's nothing more annoying then when you have to arrest the "good guy" because he got all vigilante.

Stay safe man, I hope you're able to find a new residence soon, for your own sake :)

ALL of queens is not bad you have a lot of gated communities and even those that are not gated.Some of those neighborhoods

you woudn't even know you where in queens MILLION DOLLAR plus homes and better.

I'm familiar with those areas, but those are getting towards the Flushing area and such.

I lived off of 111th and Farmers Blvd . . .LOL! Home of Run DMC, LL Cool J, etc etc

• Like 1

$2,400 in North Hills? Brother, for $2,400 a month you can easily get a sweet spot in Glendale, La Crescenta or Burbank. North Hills is still pretty ghetto. Were you renting a mansion there for $2,400???

I don't like Glendale, over crowded, Pasadena and Altadena leave a little too far for work. North Hills/ Granada Hills aint bad at all. We looked at a house off of Hayvenhurst, 4 bedroom 3 baths, pool and two car garage.

My wifes family lives in Granada Hills, Porter Ranch and Valencia. So we wanna stay close as well. I can' t do gated communities, home owners association will have me thrown out when they see all the starquest crap and I take the tow truck home every day. I have a storage place for it, but its too much of a hassle.

Avoid a pool at all cost. It's cool at first but then just becomes an extra expense for something you don't use. And you can't just drain the pool because the plaster cracks and then the pool needs to be re-plastered before filling again. I know water is high in your area so imagine what the bill would be if you left your sprinklers on for a whole day. That's about how much it would be to fill the pool.

Avoid a pool at all cost. It's cool at first but then just becomes an extra expense for something you don't use. And you can't just drain the pool because the plaster cracks and then the pool needs to be re-plastered before filling again. I know water is high in your area so imagine what the bill would be if you left your sprinklers on for a whole day. That's about how much it would be to fill the pool.

No pools for me. Peeps I know with pools in city of Los Angeles cry rape everytime the water and power bill arrives. The average home in City of Los Angeles pays $300 a month and the bill comes every other month so you see astronomical numbers like $600-$800. My last one was $727.

A friend who just bought a house and has not moved in yet got the first bill, mind you no one lives in the house, it's been empty for moths, no lights are on and no trash and sewer usage and she got a bill for $220!! Those were just taxes, fees, trash fee, etc etc.

But I can't move out too far from where I"m currently at. Besides the daily commute would kill me in fuel anyways.

You rent is more than my house payment, and my house is bigger than 2600SQFT.

That is just crazy,,,,

Yeah, thats the unfortunate reality here. Rent has gone up sky high since the housing boom went bust, most people who lost their house want to rent a house so its driven the rent prices up.

Theres still nice places in cali, but their either rural areas with a long commute or expensive gated communities. California used to be a nice place to live back in the 50's and 60's, now not so much.

I'll forgive you for that since you live in dallas and don't know what cali is like.

There are tons of nice places here that aren't rural areas of gated communities. I live in a nice neighborhood in town and my commute is 15 minutes from my home. Louis has been to my house many times and has even looked at houses here.

Haha I just drove through SoCal at 3am the other night... passed by Castaic... seems alright. Gas prices weren't crazy high like I was expecting in SoCal... but I looked around on the innanetz for prices and planned ahead. Got gas south of LA for 4.13 and it wasn't crap 10% ethanol like we pay 3.99 up here for... FTL.

-Robert

Haha I just drove through SoCal at 3am the other night... passed by Castaic... seems alright. Gas prices weren't crazy high like I was expecting in SoCal... but I looked around on the innanetz for prices and planned ahead. Got gas south of LA for 4.13 and it wasn't crap 10% ethanol like we pay 3.99 up here for... FTL.

-Robert

You could have said something or stopped by.