MOD 2012 (SoCal)

MOD was announced today by Mitsubishi! It will happen on July 14th, 2012 at the headquarters in Cypress, CA. We had a decent showing last year so lets continue to show the SoCal Mitsu community the coolest cars at the show.

Be warned, there is limited parking available so in order to guarantee a spot in the parking lot, we will need to be there really early. there is always a line to get in and that line was about a mile long last year. Im thinking we should be there by 5:30 AM. if you have any better ideas, let me know.

Also, another member and my self arrived from the East which worked a whole lot better than coming from the west. ill show you why once i get a map up.

FREE In N Out

FREE goody bag

Dyno Contest

Here's the address: 6400 Katella Ave.

_______________Cypress CA, 90630

Who's coming?

1. hachidestroyer

2. SOTTY

3. DryBear

4. StallionProject86

5. RF600

6. joey_crandall

7. leesfer

8. starzky

9. mistapickles

10. cryquest

11. SOTTY (again)

12. nfelge

13. dstar88

Edited by hachi_destroyer
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I may just hobble on over this year. No SQ.

Why don't you guys that have a StarQuest compile a list of approximate number of cars and contact MOD organizers and let them know to reserve an area for approxiamtely those numbers?

Otherwise, the kids with all the Evos are just gonna fill the whole damn place. In years past, MOD has made a section for all the different models, but the sq's are stragglers and unorganized.

for the most part they leave us a little space but last year the eclipses ran over our turf a little. once we get a final-ish number ill let them know how many we should have. but technically it is first come first serve so we can really only hold out for so long. the key is getting there early

I agree with Louis,

Starions use to be represented at this west coast venue and well respected,

but no one has really stepped up and done a good job of it since 08.

Because we're just a fraction of the production numbers that the others are comprised of. and most of the model specific parts for us have gone into obsolete status; we are just the mile markers for the other production models to reflect on their futures.

The parking is traditionally pre-arraged and handeled by the event organizers.

Mitsubishi really likes to see innovation by means of combining other model specific parts into different chassis.

So if you’re parked next to or between another group of Eclipses, EVO Lancers,

or 3000 GTs just think of it as integration instead of segregation.

There are laws in abolishing favoritism in the industrial manufacturing sectors of Japan.. and although we are led to believe they exist as a form of model specific loyalty it is just what we have led ourselves to believe because of our patriotic and nationalistic education. ( this also helps in sales psychology)

It is to our models advantage in respect of impression to not be sequestered group so other models owners and visitors to the venue can see what was borrowed from our design and incorporated into their own at the same time the vintage aspect will have a greater impact in contrast to later models design and construction.

I believe if this type of thing can happen, not just by us but the other model owners.

It will show maturity and mutual respect.

But with the reservation of quality of the individual vehicles should be taken into consideration, and the inspired workmanship should be matched in like respect.

It would be nice to see different model designs parked together instead of separate groups but I doubt everyone is mature enough to accept it.

I think if it was possible it would give us as owners more popularity in the Starion model and give in return a desire to see an added insurance in its further preservation.

I'm going....Sotty, want to caravan?

Not sure about when i'm going to leave mang , i'd like to leave the day before and get a hotel room , a lot depends if i can escape work , my big problem is i'm not a morning person , M.O.Ds early start hours are kind of anti-social in my world , either way i'll be there in a SQ of some description , i'll let you know mang . :)

Not sure about when i'm going to leave mang , i'd like to leave the day before and get a hotel room , a lot depends if i can escape work , my big problem is i'm not a morning person , M.O.Ds early start hours are kind of anti-social in my world , either way i'll be there in a SQ of some description , i'll let you know mang . :)

I'm cool with leaving the day before, night preferably (took my AC out), all my people are down there.

It would be nice to see different model designs parked together instead of separate groups but I doubt everyone is mature enough to accept it.

i agree with everything except for this. maturity does not equal knowledge. a mature piece of cheese is not necessarily a good piece of cheese but i do see the point that youre trying to get across.

however, since the meet is run by the organizers and not the attendees it would be up to them to implement an idea like this and our part to offer it as a suggestion. but, i do get the feeling that they like it organized into the different models simply because it feels like "order" to them.

it might be worth bringing it up to them though if it could create camaraderie between car groups and help smooth the gap between what is almost a high-school-esque gathering of different cliques. .

i agree with everything except for this. maturity does not equal knowledge. a mature piece of cheese is not necessarily a good piece of cheese but i do see the point that youre trying to get across.

however, since the meet is run by the organizers and not the attendees it would be up to them to implement an idea like this and our part to offer it as a suggestion. but, i do get the feeling that they like it organized into the different models simply because it feels like "order" to them.

it might be worth bringing it up to them though if it could create camaraderie between car groups and help smooth the gap between what is almost a high-school-esque gathering of different cliques. .

What you meant to convey (I think) is that you want to define maturity not that you disagree with it.

But if you want to describe what I wrote as something undesirable and hard to digest I’m not offended

Because what I propose is change but change needs to be implemented not just written.

If a few A187s were mixed in between the borders and not forced to be peppered into the mass of the attendants.

It could be more acceptable; instead of being confined to one area.

I think others may like the variety, and in that way late arrivals won’t matter.

I don't think being placed next to the porta pottys because there was not enough space does any credit to the model or its owner.

But as true to life; showing up is half the battle.

It all depends on how many owners show in either account, there are traditionally a greater ratio of Starions than trucks or other Mitsubishi models but phenominally more Lancers and Eclipses even though the 3000GT are slightly fewer in that count they still have a larger turn out than us.

I think the most I have ever seen for any event has been a couple dozen (A187s)

What you meant to convey (I think) is that you want to define maturity not that you disagree with it.

But if you want to describe what I wrote as something undesirable and hard to digest I’m not offended

Because what I propose is change but change needs to be implemented not just written.

you are correct. i just wasnt sure how what you meant be maturity i guess. i dont disagree and i was not trying to bash your idea or make it seem undesirable.

what i really was trying to get across was that we do not necessarily have the power to implement such an idea. i think its a decent idea but like you said, saying things doesnt do crap unless someone does something about it. which in this case would be bringing it up to the organizers. so if youd like to change the way they run the event then you should go ahead and do that. ill gladly assist you in any way that i can.

id like to see a solid community out here since we have so much potential

But as true to life; showing up is half the battle.

It all depends on how many owners show in either account, there are traditionally a greater ratio of Starions than trucks or other Mitsubishi models but phenominally more Lancers and Eclipses even though the 3000GT are slightly fewer in that count they still have a larger turn out than us.

I think the most I have ever seen for any event has been a couple dozen (A187s)

+100. right now i think this is a big problem. getting people to show up is what will make a big difference and its something that we can easily do something about. i understand if peoples cars arent running or if its simply not in someones budget but id really hate to see a lack of attendance due to sheer laziness. if we can fix this problem then i think wed have a grand old time.

you are correct. i just wasnt sure how what you meant be maturity i guess. i dont disagree and i was not trying to bash your idea or make it seem undesirable.

what i really was trying to get across was that we do not necessarily have the power to implement such an idea. i think its a decent idea but like you said, saying things doesnt do crap unless someone does something about it. which in this case would be bringing it up to the organizers. so if youd like to change the way they run the event then you should go ahead and do that. ill gladly assist you in any way that i can.

id like to see a solid community out here since we have so much potential

+100. right now i think this is a big problem. getting people to show up is what will make a big difference and its something that we can easily do something about. i understand if peoples cars arent running or if its simply not in someones budget but id really hate to see a lack of attendance due to sheer laziness. if we can fix this problem then i think wed have a grand old time.

Or see if we could reserve some extra room for trailer spaces j/k