spanked then got spanked

RobH

I see it all the time. Cops blowing the speed limit. No lights. Especially on the open highway. Indiana is notorious for this. Their argument is that they are trying to catch speeders from behind on the highway so they will run 100 to sneek up behind them, they don't use radar, they pace you from a ways back and then ticket you without radar. And yes, legally, they can give you a ticket without radar. Pacing is considered valid and there aren't very many judges that will support the accused.

We all the know the reality. Cops get to do pretty much whatever they want. Its one of the few perks of putting your life on the line everyday for thirty grand a year. I have just accepted it as the way it is and don't get emotional about it anymore. I am glad there are men and women out there that are willing to do that job for the measly pay they get. Most of what they do is in the better interest of the public and to keep us safe. Public teachers also fall into this category for me. Hard work for little pay.

Exactly^^^ Thats why my dad is a cop and he told me if I want to drive like I do, I need to become one too...hahaha.

But...as far as pacing, their cars have certified speedometers that are re-certified every month for that very reason.

Almost all speedometers in average cars are off by a few mph, therefore why cops usually give a variance before they pull you over (the infamous 5mph over rule). Its not actually a rule and they could pull you over and ticket you for it, but...most don't...less you're in VA.

Also...my dad won't ticket people less they're doing something very stupid for the exact reason he doesn't want to be a hypocrite. Most old timers are like that...the new guys...yes, most of them are full of piss and vinegar thinking they're saving the world by writing a ticket.

But...as far as the bait cars...I think that's wrong and they obviously have nothing else to do.....apparently just trying to give the traffic unit something to do since they're not good enough for real police work.

So the cops are allowed to street race in their SRT8 as long as they are giving everyone else that isn't them a ticket?

They should let off anyone who beats them!

Take a look at what these two "Offie Sir's" of the law did to tis poor family here in W. Haven!

i had a cop do a u turn right in front of me one time and i wiped the tail end off his car , he had no lights on or nothing then he tried giving me a ticket i refused to sign ticket went to jail got out and took his tail to court and won , crazy crazy he lost his job :P

First video...cop should've had lights and siren on, really its there fault for not...then again, if the light was blinking yellow, he had the right away be it him or some random person.

Second video, that car should've stopped being there was lights and siren coming from behind them. In Florida, anyhow, they would've been ticketed for failure to yield an emergency vehicle. If you can't see lights and can't hear sirens coming from behind you for what looks like 30 seconds on a straight road, you shouldn't have a license. Yes he was speeding and had his lights and siren going, but...ok...say he slowed down, drove the speed limit and took his time getting there, every time he got a call which requires lights and siren (rape, robbery, murder situations), theres a reason why emergency vehicles have lights and sirens, so they can do these things. Say it was an ambulance rushing to someone's house who only has minutes to live. I bet no one would point fingers about them speeding and getting in an accident like that...it would have been a bad accident nothing more. Not anyone saying they should lose their job and are horrible people that should burn in hell for all they've done.

Now, when going through an intersection with a red light or running a stop sign, the cop must be sure the intersection is safe to cross before going across at speed. If an accident happens there, its his/her fault completely.

And, yes...it is screwed up and does seem to be entrapment, etc....but...just as if someone got in your face screaming at you and you punch them. They didn't force you to punch them, they just got you so you did...you're still going to jail for punching them, they go off free. That's how it works. Welcome to America.

You didn't have to race him, you could've drove off normally. Sure you were persuaded to do it, but, as momma used to say...if your friends jumped off a bridge, would you? And, did you say no to drugs and not give in to peer pressure?

Same difference.

And, yes, the cop can do that. One of the perks of having a low paying job to put your life on the line. But, once again, if they were traffic cops...thats there idea of saving the world. Traffic cops and actual cops are much different. One actually matters, the other thinks they matter and thinks writing a speeding ticket will stop all the rape and homicides in the world today.

The funny thing about police is, though. You hate them until you need them. They're your enemies until you need them to help you, then they're your friends. Kinda two faced if you ask me.

Once again, that doesn't apply to traffic cops. Cops hate traffic cops.

Edited by strang3majik

Would FHP be considered traffic cops?

Not really...they're their own agency. But, like every other agency...they have their jerks too. Especially one specific young one in the Keys that has a special place in my dad's heart.

I'm assuming you are FHP?

Not yet ;) in the hiring process though. Wish me luck. Have my poly test the end of the month.

Great thing about Florida is its retirement system...if you decide to go to another state agency...it carries over...lol

But, good luck. And have fun with the Poly exam. My dad did that for Charlotte County. Ask you the same question 15 different ways to see if you're insane or not...hahahah

After the exam is complete...do what my dad did and ask him if that guy that followed you there is still there. That always gets a good look from the examiner :P

Edited by strang3majik

hehe. basically the lie detector is just smoke and mirrors. Yeah. I'm not real worried about it. I have nothing to Hide.

Great thing about Florida is its retirement system...if you decide to go to another state agency...it carries over...lol

Yeah nice thing about the FHP they have never had to layoff or cut back their force. Unlike local law enforcement agencies here.