GM maf settings? Stupid questions

Did a search and couldn't find exactly what I was looking for. Anyone have the settings for a gm maf and where the purple and white wire go?

When I go hard pipes I may throw this on. I picked it up today with a filter for a damn good price. Only issue was the top of the box was missing and he had a piece of plastic on it. So a saw and sander and drill press and I made a cover.

Well I'll have to be honest, mine came out like crap so my dad made this one, and then got some new screws.

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f110/pportuese/01eaf7c5.jpg

Great, thanks for the help guys. I had no idea it had different settings for the blow through vs blow by. I want it as close to the throttle body as possible and after the bov. I don't have a wideband either. Never got a manual with it either. I'll play around with it all next weekend if I have time.

• 2 weeks later...

Great, thanks for the help guys. I had no idea it had different settings for the blow through vs blow by. I want it as close to the throttle body as possible and after the bov. I don't have a wideband either. Never got a manual with it either. I'll play around with it all next weekend if I have time.

No wonder it runs like arse. BOVs leak all the time and a MAS after the BOV or even close to it is a horrible idea. That air escaping from the BOV sucks backwards out of the tubing after the BOV all the way to the throttle plate and that MAS reads that air flow TWICE. If you'd have had the OEM injectors cleaned and started out in a sensible way you'd have been driving it for weeks but you just had to buy those garden hose sprayers for injectors and get that MAFT and had no clue how to use or what was necessary to use those non OEM injectors.

You must have a wideband with the maft tranlator- period You will have no clue whereyour settings are. you can't rely on someone elses settings.

Dad

No wonder it runs like arse. BOVs leak all the time and a MAS after the BOV or even close to it is a horrible idea. That air escaping from the BOV sucks backwards out of the tubing after the BOV all the way to the throttle plate and that MAS reads that air flow TWICE. If you'd have had the OEM injectors cleaned and started out in a sensible way you'd have been driving it for weeks but you just had to buy those garden hose sprayers for injectors and get that MAFT and had no clue how to use or what was necessary to use those non OEM injectors.

Well while I run LSP injectors and wish I had OEMs, They gave me no problems other than a reset on the ISC and TPS. Also, there are a metric crap ton of people who run the GM MAF in blow through style after the BOV with no problems in the DSM and supra world. It shouldn't meter air going backward out, the GM MAF is directional.

-Justin

GM MAS is directional? I don't usually comment on MAFT setups cause I don't like them and I've only had two here that used one both the basic system and on both I thought they sucked, they were DSMs btw but I suppose they were better than nothing. A SAFC is more complicated and harder to tune but imo its many times better and those I've had on this car, DSMs and Dodge Neons turbo and n/a. A GM MAS is a wire suspended in a tube, there's nothing to keep it from vibrating no matter what direction the air flows but if the honeycomb is in there and air reverses it causes a crappy signal just like our stock MAF can create a crappy signal if you mess with its air supply. Plenty of air flows backwards everytime out a BOV leading all the way to the throttleplate and it even carries FUEL with it. If the BOV is too close raw fuel can come out and it can fill the reference hoses of a BOV because the throttlebody is wet inside. A MAS along with a BOV used too close with this tbi setup will eventually be contaminated from the fuel (along with K&N oily air filter or oil separator system that doesn't function as well as it could) will contaminate and fubar your MAS. It builds up as coked oil and varnish and it might even cause a fire. Put the MAS BEFORE the turbo and you'll get rid of that issue assuming you use a plain paper air filter. Not to knock a group of people (but I will and their cars too) but there's more morons in the DSM world than they have cars that run. DSMs are all mpi intakes so using a MAS after a BOV but before a throttle plate that's far far away from an injector spraying into the port of a head on that particular setup has nothing in common with our stock tbi setup so that's a bad and invalid comparison, even though I continue to think most DSM owners are morons and their cars are all a POS. I've got DSMs and GVR4s so I'm not just generalizing, those cars are just plastic crap that happen to have a good motor or they would all be in junkyards.

I won't comment about dsm's....

GM maf installed and it idles like it's camming, running super rich. I'll have to figure out the best way to adjust this thing and download the manual when I get time. But it fired right up so no problems there.