My 2jzgte swap

87quest_stv

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I was reading in one of these 2jz swap posts about someone's harness connectors exploding when you touch them. My are cracked as well. I saw someone else post a link to a place where I can get some new connectors. But For the life of me I can't find that post.,

Thanks for that. After closer examining the wiring harness it seems the cut part of the harness was the E10 connector. and it looks like the other E9 connectors were spliced and pinned differently.

I found a wiring diagram online which has the pin and color coded wiring which some of the wires on the E9 connector are where they are suppose to be but other wire colors don't match the pin. Gonna need as much help as possible with this.

http://www.getyasumminimotos.com/Conquest/ecuwires.jpg

http://www.getyasumminimotos.com/Conquest/ecuwires2.jpg

http://www.getyasumminimotos.com/Conquest/ecuwires3.jpg

http://www.getyasumminimotos.com/Conquest/ecuwires4.jpg

The link that has the pin out is here. All the way at the bottom for the 2jz connector

http://www.supras.nl...id=34&Itemid=50

Edited by 87quest_stv

did you get the i think its called the E-10 connector (40pin) that plugs into the ecu

you will need it for a few wires

and in the one pic of the cut harness i think thats not the E-10 thats cut thats the body harness ( My harness was cut the same way yours is ) but mine had the E-10 connector in the ecu

the E-10 end would still be on the car but like i said you will need the E-10 connector

if you need me to i can get some close up pics of my harness to try and figure out the pins that were swapped on yours

Edited by RobH

Ahh OK So I only need the E10 to connect power and grounds into the ECU. Gotya. Robh yeah if you can email me a couple close up pics I'd appreciate it. I'll PM you email

I gotta get a hold of vettkiller to see if he has anymore mounts as well

Edited by 87quest_stv

i cant help ya there

im going to be going single turbo soon

i thought i would get my swap done and all the bugs worked out and put a couple thousand miles on it first

and i now have almost 5k miles on my swap and havent even given any thought to the single turbo yet

but im sure it wont be long and ill get the itch for it

I was just thinking, the engine is out. Might as well go single now. rather than later. I've heard the stock twins can't handle more than 14lbs due to the ceramic turbine blades. I dunno. Just getting ideas.

Picked up my cam seals, and crank seal today. I also ordered my waterpump, hydraulic tensioner, and rear main seal from the toyota dealer today.

I got the water pump, hydraulic tensioner, 2 cam seals, front crank seal, and rear main seal for $232 at the yota dealer. I was happy. picked up a new timing belt from autozone. for 20 bucks, it's a duralast and made in Italy. so good quality belt there for good price. picked up a timing belt tensioner roller for 23 bucks. will get my serpentine belt from driftmotion and the stuff for my tranny I need as well. Anyone have a good method for breaking that crank bolt loose without tearing stuff up?

impact !!!

if you dont have one then you will have to try to lock the flywheel against the bellhousing with a good sized screwdriver threw the starer hole

mine was not all that tight

the good thing is even if you messed something up which you shouldnt you wont be using the bellhousing or flywheel anyways

yup i will as soon as i can very limited on use of my feft hand right now

got stiches out of it today and my cut split back open

ill hook you up before your rdy for it :)

Picked up my waterpump, rear main seal, and hydraulic tensioner, and serpentine belt today. have my new radiator coming Friday. Now I just need some nice weather. Been raining all over the place lately

After doing some more research on this wiring harness, it looks like this harness doesn't even have the correct E9 80 pin connector on it. Nor did the engine come with an ignitor box.

I'm assuming I need an ignitor box to get the engine running?

I found the toyota part numbers for the E9 connector and E10 connector. Also was able to order them through my toyota dealer for a reasonable price

E9 - 90980-11214 - $22

E10 - 90980-11215 - $15

Thanks for that. Well after digging into this harness I decided to pick up a new one. Well new used. Got one locally from a guy off craigslist. Good shape with all the connectors. Nothing broken or brittle.