need helping figureing out why my secondary injector isnt spraying??

the issue is the car will start up fine.. if i give it a lil gas it will rev fine but if i give it more than say 30% throttle it chokes its self almost till stall.. thought it was just the injector switched them to trilogy injectors same thing i also have an issue with driving it for 15/20 min and the whole hotside gets lava red even not boosting so there is an issue maybe with it leaning out? cause of the secondary? the glowing red was the start of everything.. thought my cat was clogged cut it out nothing changed.. only other thing i can think of is the secondary and now with it choking itself out when the secondary is supposed to be comin out leads me to belive it has something to do with it.. changed out the injecotr resistor same thing.. what else can be the issue? the wiring for the injector?? are the wires polorized? tried swapping both injecotros wires for the secondary same thing.. im at a loss for wt.... can it be..

are u talkin abou tthe cats yea there is nothing on there excpet the 3 in downpipe thats it i cut the old cat out and have a open downpipe right now.. my mech said my timing was advanced.. but to my knowledge how would that effect the gas output? the injecotr might be working and the timing being off willl make it choke up and die? just for record there are two issues that are happening the 30% throttle and it choking and dying and the glowing red... if i take the secondary clip off the injector nothign changes same issues...

from whaqt i remember the was nothing changed at all.. i just remember this problem starting out of no where.. havent changed nothing major with car since i got it... most major thing was when i bought it it had a 1g talon turbo on it and a 1g downpipe with no flex pipe i swapped out the turbo with a stock one and installed the 3 in downpipe from what i remember it was always driving fine then... it would build 12 lbs nmo problem but only for a second then it would go str8 to 7 lbs and pull from there but always would hit 12 intially then go right to 7 and wouldnt budge from there.. i just remember this problem happeneing out of no where..

can you put the primary injector clip on the secondary injector and start the car? Dont drive it anywhere, just start and idle. If you can do this, the secondary injector is fine, its most likely your secondary injector clip. If you get that far, just get a new pair from your local auto parts store and change them out. You may also try cleaning all the contacts between the clips and injectors.

BC_99

Have you checked out the centrifugal advance? If its stuck, it won't advance at all. Too little timing on throttle will increase the exhaust gas temp and may cause your glowing lava red manifold/turbo. You will also have no power while driving. The factory centrifugal advance goes up to 44 degrees btdc IIRC. If its stuck, it will remain at around 10 degrees btdc throughout the RPM range, or whatever you set your base timing to. On boost, the vacuum advance will retard the timing back even more.

Pull the cap and rotor off and have a look in there. You should be able to rotate the governor plate(part the rotor screws onto) easily, though there will be some spring tension there. It would also be a good idea to get a vacuum pump out and make sure the vacuum advance is still working too.

Edited by SFBMX88

a super handy tool is an inj test lamp LED , costs about $10 and tells you instantly if the injs have power and if they are not geting a pulse signal , it alows you to id the pri inj clip from the sec clip and check to see if the ecu is sending a pulse to each inj

knowing where to work is very important as much so as the quality of the work being done , nothing is more depressing as spending hours looking in the wrong place for a problem ;)

a super handy tool is an inj test lamp LED , costs about $10 and tells you instantly if the injs have power and if they are not geting a pulse signal , it alows you to id the pri inj clip from the sec clip and check to see if the ecu is sending a pulse to each inj

Just be aware that the lights in those LED testers don't need much amperage to light up. Even a circuit with heavy corrosion/bad connections will still have enough capacity to light the LED, but it definitely won't be enough to power your injector.

the issue happens wit the car idleing i drove it and it builds boost sent the car sideways but very choppy throttle response i guess due to the secodary? so to answer ur questions yes it happens while driving or idling.. and it makes power/boost i replaced the injector clips not too long ago.. but i did notice the secondary doesnt have the metal clip? i have limited knowledge so all this led light thing i dont understand.. if i can just go to the store and buy it is one thing but actually having it hooked up right is another lmao.. anyone around the maryland washington dc area? i would really like to get the car running before i sell it but its starting to get to that f*** it point

If the timing is too far advanced to begin with when the rpms increase the timing advance is mechanical inside the distributor and that will cause detonation and the knock sensor sends a signal to the ECU and the ECU has the ignitor yank the timimg way back and it bucks and jerks and runs like crap. Get a timing light on it. The secondary doesn't have anything to do with idling, its not doing anything.

I noticed your statement in reply #13 above, "but i did notice the secondary doesnt have the metal clip?" What metal clip are you talking about... the one on the injector's wiring plastic female clip? If that metal wire tensioning hold clip is not on the wiring plastic clip assembly then the plastic clip is not being tightly mated to the injector's male metal terminals. That may be your problem. Can you post a picture of what you're talking about?

For What It's Worth.

KEN

Did your friend check to see if the mechanical advance is working? You can even check it with the timing light. With the vac advance disconnected, just increase the engine rpm and watch the timing mark to see if it is advancing. Edited by SFBMX88