OD not works after replace cylinder head, and turbo gasket

fromji

Guys,

I have a 88 TSI ( auto)

OD does not work after replace stock head cylinder with Non Zet Valve cylinder head and turbo gasket.

before, OD wokks fine.

currently i have 3500RPM at 70 speed

Transmission shop says i need to rebuild tranny,

Please let me know if there is anything i can check before starting tranny rebuild.

Thanks,

goykgo@gmail.com

Edited by fromji

• 2 weeks later...

I believe the cts in the intake is a two prong make sure both are hooked up.It reads temp before od will work.

Somebody may have to correct me.

I'd have to go check for sure. But I thought it was sensor#1. The auto had a 2 prong sensor, one for the gauge and one for the OD.

I thought so as well, thought there was a sensor in #1 for once engine was warmed up to turn on O/D.

also, lift car and have someone turn O/D on and off at the shifter (with the ignition off) (you can leave car not running and in park) you should hear the solenoid click on and off with the switch. if not the solenoid is bad, or the wiring has a short.

also that solenoid has two o-rings that could have gone bad also, if you take it out you shouldn't get much trans fluid coming out of the hole, then you can look at the o-rings, one goes on the solenoid, one goes in the hole in front of it.

• 1 month later...

sensor #3

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j226/the_rabbit1/cpnquest%20pics/intake-sensors.gif

I got mine working now. I took he connector from, 1 and 3 and swapped them. Kick down and over drive now working again.

Grnded the single connector for 4, and temp guage read max,

Grounded one of the T connector wires for 3 and the overdrive switch at the transmission clicked with the key on.

I will open up the harness tomorrow and post the color of the wires.

Hope this will help someone.

Edited by kstokes606