crankcase pressure issue

money4771

I am having an issue with crankcase pressure. Just installed new head, gasket, and ARP's. I am now having an issue with overpressuring the crankcase and blowing the dipstick out of the tube and getting oil everywhere. A couple of days ago i even began pouring oil out of the camshaft bore plug. I have bought a new plug re-installed it and am ready to solve my issue.

I am running a HKS boost electronic boost controller. My low setting is 10 psi and high is at 14 psi. Both settings blow the dipstick out.

I have taken the separator out and cleaned it really well with engine degreaser. I can blow into it and have no issue at all doing so, air travels through very easily.

I have blown through the oil return line and when I do I can hear the oil in the pan gurgle as I blow, so it is not plugged.

My vac source comes off of the intake of the turbo piping and the nipple is angled in the right direction so that it drafts as it passes by and doesn't push air into the nipple.

I am running the stock pcv valve. I took it off and blew through it with no problem. I turned it around and tried to blow through it in the other direction and couldn't so I am assuming it is ok.

Something fishy to me is that if I disconnect the hoses from the separator after driving there is really no evidence of oil in any of the lines??

what next?

Just checked the pcv. I took the hose off of it and nothing was blowing out from the valve cover, so its checking like it should. I then attached it to the hose and got vacuum on the pcv like there should be.

I'd say broken piston ring lands is a high probability.

Otherwise, somehow chamber pressure is reaching the crankcase. Could be the headgasket too. Maybe the block and or head planes weren't true enough and you didn't get a seal there.

ok Tim so how do I know? New head from Dad, with ARP's and ajusa head gasket. Having zero issue currenly with engine temp. Driving in 66 degree weather and temp gauge right at 1/5 of range or less all the time. Not seeing coolant in oil or any of that either.