Roll cage install pics

vettekiller593

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

he daily drove a RWD probe?...? how is a car with that much modification even street legal?

yup there were two actually.. that was the fastest probe with a stock platform before it went RWD and 2jz, then there was a 2nd gen probe that he was always competeing with that was the fastest probe as well that ended up going 2jz..

there is a buildup thread of both cars on probetalk.com someplace, its a full tubeframe chassis though, ... both of them daily drove the cars!

http://hphotos-snc3.fbcdn.net/hs281.snc3/27708_125122744179233_100000445238471_232112_5418974_n.jpg

http://forums.probetalk.com/showthread.php?p=1923186604#post1923186604

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f173/MattMaas/pic1.gif

Interesting... I didn't think the dmv would let you drive a tube chassis car. cool builds

they probably dont know lol.. he had that registered for years before he swapped to a 2jz..

seeing both of them run the numbers they are im pretty sure vette can achieve what hes going for just fine... I know there were only a few slight differences between the 2nd gen and the 1st gen, one of them being turbo, injectors, thicker head gasket maybe somthing else I dont remember its been a few years.. but the 2nd gen averaged high 9s low 10s and the 1st gen has clocked low 8s :)..

DO IT TO IT VETTE!!!!

Hmm, I might make a good chassis guy in the future.. cause that is EXACTLY how I designed my 8.50 cage when I was planning it out. I intend to have a 3.4L 2jz in my car in the next few years and its going to require at least an 8.50 cage. Did I mention it will be a street car?!? lol

Let me tell you a little bit about Fargo, North Dakota.

There are some fast cars, some tube frame cars, and some people who think they have fast cars, who don't actually. But you can't daily drive them there. First of all, it's frozen half the year. High stall auto cars with wide tires don't move in snow. That's why these guys also have pickups. Secondly, the roads are terrible. Huge bumps and pot holes everywhere, especially in Minnesota, where the local drag strip is that these guys go to. And if they aren't at that one, they are at brainerd, and they trailer the cars there.

How could I possible know all this about that ugly old probe? I lived in Fargo for around 5 years. I saw them at the track and in the garages being put together. Please don't misuse the term "daily driver." My kia spectra was a daily driver cause I drove it in a foot of snow without worrying about getting stuck.

• 3 months later...

Where all the modifications would come into play is if you got into an accident and you weren't at fault. The other insurance company would look at it as you degraded the structural integrity of the car with your modifications, and, therefore not give a payout or not one of equal value to the damage.

Only problem with having a race/street car.