Have ya heard or used Odessa or Clearwater heads?

traps

So I have seen the ebay Odessa and Clearwater (wich have the same exact sales lines word for word) njv hydralic complete heads for 375 to 400 core required after delivery.....seems like a deal.....or am I just uninformed about a cheap replica.

From what I have been told they are refurbished heads.

IMO they are not the same quality that Randy ( Dad) sells.

I personnaly would buy from Randy. He is a well respected vendor on this site.

He has always been there for me when I needed parts.

He also owns two quests and drives them.

I have bought quite a few parts from Dad and he is always the first to go to but 800 vs 400 is a big difference. I would prefer to slap an assembled head funds providing from him but piecing it together looks more cost effective unless I screw up lol

Considering Odessa and Clearwater are down the road from each other, I'd be willing to bet that Odessa gets their heads from Clearwater.

I was thinking that lol. Should I ask for Kieth or Bob lol whoever answers first I guess

I could be wrong but I am inclined to think that the M28 head that I sell is the same casting that they sell, I'm just not sure on the rest of the components other than they don't put stellite exhaust valves in their assemblies.

Dad

I've bought 2 heads from Clearwater in the past. Both seemed to be pretty good. My friend Dan bought an Odessa head 2 years ago for his '88 TSi, and it was a nice piece as well. I wouldn't be afraid of running one on my car.

I could be wrong but I am inclined to think that the M28 head that I sell is the same casting that they sell, I'm just not sure on the rest of the components other than they don't put stellite exhaust valves in their assemblies.

Dad

I think in the end I am going to go your way sir. You have always been professional. I should be able to go with your M28 and buy guides, valves, springs, seals etc and use my cam and rocker assembly correct? I am just not knowledgable about how to install correctly cause I have never done that.

I think in the end I am going to go your way sir. You have always been professional. I should be able to go with your M28 and buy guides, valves, springs, seals etc and use my cam and rocker assembly correct? I am just not knowledgable about how to install correctly cause I have never done that.

You could call me also 330-505-1804 M-F , Guides come in the head, just need to swap valves, springs, retainers, keeper, spring seats , cam and rockers over to the new head.

Dad

All the heads can crack. Won't matter what brand or where you got it. If you get one with larger ports you have less to work with when you do port it. If its already been cracked and rewelded then there's much more metal and its harder where it was repaired.