Any Nissan wiz's?

86FlatValour

Well, when I bought it it would load up if you kept the rpm's down.

Then after a few days of me trying s***, it started spittin and sputterin bad unless revved up and then a few minutes with a load itd do it again. There was a BAD dead spotfrom 3-4K.

Now the car wouldn't do any of that if I did like 1/4 throttle, it would be smooth.

I replaced the plugs, cap, rotor, and it basically got rid of all that, still a bit of hesitation/sputtering or misfire.

Just replaced the wires today with new and it went all back to complete garbage. Car has a full header back exhaust with no cat.(just put it on yesterday.)

i wizzed on a nissan once :P

LMAO... that's exactly what I was going to post.

Check your spark plugs, check your injectors. Them fancy nis-sans have an ECU you can check for codes as well.

Zilvia.net or nicoclub.com are popular sites, plenty of info there search and you will find your answer.

-Robert

you install'd a $12 .99 set of wires and it runs crappy,, get a set of NGK wires

try some inj cleaner,, also is it air mass or air box air control'd , air box has a swinging door to read air flow ,,besides that test sensors,, it has the same sensors that your quest does and they work in almost the same way

you install'd a $12 .99 set of wires and it runs crappy,, get a set of NGK wires try some inj cleaner,, also is it air mass or air box air control'd , air box has a swinging door to read air flow ,,besides that test sensors,, it has the same sensors that your quest does and they work in almost the same way

wasn't saying this to be funny, i bet i've had atleast 10 Z's over the years the owners replace'd the plug wires and the car never start'd again,,,,untill a good set of wires were install'd

Actually, It had NGK wires, still have them too. I want to rule as much out as possible with the spark side. I put the NGK's back on on and it didn't change it.

I went to the JY and nabbed a MAF of a Altima. Even though everywhere I went it seemed as though the MAF is 240 specific. Got home threw it in and the car runs 110% better.

Also found out the Alt. is shiting the bed, won't charge at idle. or even if you rev it up to like 2k at idle. So I'm buying a 97 Quest alt. upgrading it to 110amp.

Also got the coolant system bled finally, i'm getting there with this thing.

Now I'm looking at Silvia S13 front swap.

Actually, It had NGK wires, still have them too. I want to rule as much out as possible with the spark side. I put the NGK's back on on and it didn't change it.

I went to the JY and nabbed a MAF of a Altima. Even though everywhere I went it seemed as though the MAF is 240 specific. Got home threw it in and the car runs 110% better.

Also found out the Alt. is shiting the bed, won't charge at idle. or even if you rev it up to like 2k at idle. So I'm buying a 97 Quest alt. upgrading it to 110amp.

Also got the coolant system bled finally, i'm getting there with this thing.

Now I'm looking at Silvia S13 front swap.

%90 of the time when you're dealing with a s chassis car that is running poorly its the maf that's the issue.