o2 sensor into downpipe

jrhgolf23

Soo I now have a *DM downpipe but the stock o2 sensor.

There is that bracket on the stock o2 so you can mount it to the cat, but I need to screw the o2 into my downpipe..

Is there any way to get that bracket off? And if so, is there any trick to doing it? Cus I can't get it. Lol

Thanks for any help.

Dan is right. You can source a weld in bung easily and put a 1 wire universal there if theres no hole for it already. If there is all you need is an o2 and your good. splice the wire into the stock o2's plug and plug it in.

Yes solder is the best bet. and yes there are universal o2's and a lot of newer vehicles use them. They are about $20. 3 wire is better also although they are about twice as much. It has a heating element that gets it to and keeps it at optimal temperature for accurate readings. The 1 wire requires the exhaust keep it hot enough and the heat is what gives it the power to give a reading, so if its cold or extra hot it will read off a little.

There is already the bung in the dp, but my o2 wont screw into it because of the bracket on my o2.

I guess I didnt realize there are universal o2 sensors.

Thanks guys

UNSCREW IT FROM THE MOUNTING PLATE, if you bought the correct one.Three wire O-2 Sensors are the way to go. Heats up to give you a faster reading to the sensors and thus, the ECU. Now, your car with the 1 Wire O-2 takes a long time to heat up enough so the sensors and the ECU can deduct that it is at operating temps. You won't have that problem with the Three-Wire. Does your car run super rich at start up when it is cold? Most do. With a Three-Wire O-2 Sensor your Idle will lean out faster.

Bill

Edited by Caliber308