Moving to PF

HotrodTSi

Hey guys, I just started a new job in Pigeon Forge last week and my GF starts her new job on Monday. We will be looking for a house/apt soon and get settled into our new surroundings...at least I know my way around from all the PF trips I made! Does anyone remember the member that lives in the area with an auto shop...I need to find a place for oil changes, brakes, etc when the time comes for our cars. Maybe I can make all of the PF meets now...lol...and any Dragon runs that come up!

Hey Terry! You won't believe this, but I was just thinking about you and the PF03 meet. Then I get on here and see your post. Too cool. I forget who it is that you were thinking about with the shop. You can always bring it to the house and I'd be glad to give you a hand if you wanted to do those things yourself. I'm about 45 mins from PF when there's not a lot of traffic.

Good luck with the new job. We'll have to get together sometime after you get settled in. Maybe we can even get Ihsan to come out. ;)

Ken

Hey Terry:

Congrats on moving to TN! The only person I can think of with their own mechanic shop is Fausto Vaca, located in Collegedale, TN (2-2.5 hours away from PF). The only other person that comes to mind was Todd Howland, who worked for a shop in Knoxville that did complete restorations on cars. I don't think he's attended a PF meet in at least 5 years. He owned a red Quest, that he bought from John McGrath. Here's a pic of him and the car from PF04:

http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z22/dodgedakota64/2004%20Pigeon%20Forge%20Meet/DCP_0111.jpg

Edited by Josh '88

Terry, glad to see your starting a new job! Congratulations on that. Moving to Pigeon Forge is a dream of mine....I'd love to one day settle down in that region. It's just so beautiful, and it seems like it's "really happening" down there. Good luck on the home/apartment search. It can be tough, just make sure you find the one that suits your needs best! Again, Congratulations and I certainly hope to see you at PF in the oncoming years!

Justin

Thanks everyone! There's alot going on around here, I've always liked this area...other than the traffic...lol. When I get settled into a place I'll let everyone know how I'm doing and maybe meet up with who-ever is in the area. Thanks for the offer Ken, I seem to remember a local guy who has a garage or worked at one that was a previous owner that stopped by a couple years ago checking out the cars at Vacation Lodge. He said he would help out anyone with problems at his garage....maybe someone will remember him? Maybe by the time PF12 rolls around I can let everyone know all the shortcuts for traffic! :)