Turbo not working correctly

Wattle

I have 1989 tsi with only 94000 miles on it. been in the shop for about two years but now it is out. seems like the turbo is not working properly? when parked and revving the engine up the turbo does not show that it is spooling up bast 0. Then when i am driving it spools up slowly and then for short bursts up to 4 psi. Just wondering if someone might be able to give me some advice on this. I am looking to sell the car because it is just too small for me, but i want every thing to be perfect before i sell it. Except for the tires of course. LOL!

Check for boost leaks.

will do. I was told once that my waist gate was stuck. But i read up on it in other post from people and what i am understanding is that you can not move till the engine heats it up? This true?

come on fellows none of you have the least bit of common sence ??

a turbo charger needs to be under a load in order for it to make boost and free reving in neutral is not under any load ,

it's a good thing it can't becaUSE IF IT DID BUILD BOOST IN FREE REVING THE ENGINE WOULD OVER REV BEFOR YOU COULD GET YOUR FOOT OFF THE GAS PETAL

please do a little rescearch on how a turbo works , while your car still runs

It could also be a clogged up pre-cat cuz you are only getting 4 lbs boost and she is spooling up slowly under load when you are driving it.

For What It's Worth.

KEN

+2 i had an issue with only 3-4 PSI , and My Main CAT was clogged tight... removed CAT runs great