My take on the Mesquite meet

Tim_C.

The CBRII car made it back safely to Colorado. Ran perfect the whole time. 10 minutes before home, a racoon decided to walk out on the highway. I swerved ahead of him just enough to miss him, but he didn't make it easy for me when he started moving faster after seeiing my lights coming. My only option was to run him down and ruin my intercooler most likely, or do a controlled swerve to miss him. I chose the latter even though it was the more risky option.

The meet was FANTASTIC! Thank you Sotty for sacrificing your sanity to make it happen! And I mean that literally!

So many sweet cars! I was truly amazed at all the great ideas that people come up with to solve problems or enhance their cars. It was sooooooooooooooo much fun to finally meet up with people and hear their stories about their cars, etc...

The drive to the U-Drift track and on into Vegas was majestic to say the least. I got better mileage the further back in the pack I was. My air intake was loving the gasoline saturated air coming in! I won't name names, but one car in particular supplied enough fuel for him and me!

Of course I was the hero of the meet and fixed everyone's car for them and didn't need help from anyone! LoL! I'm sure someone will post up the course of events in Vegas that was filled with enough drama for the rest of the year! I just want to say up front that we followed Clint into the bar and ordered our food before we figured out what was up! LoL! It was his fault entirely!

• Like 1

I just want to say up front that we followed Clint into the bar and ordered our food before we figured out what was up! LoL! It was his fault entirely!

That probably wasn't the best way to put it, considering the context of the story, lol.

LOL... you guys must have been real hungry... hungry for some good hot beef!!

Tim C. it was great to meet you, thanks for the stethoscope.

Tim and Sam, thank you again for staying up to 6:30am... it was great to meet you guys.

Len, thanks again for the ride into town.

And of course Sotty Gibb, for a lot of hard work and for being a great host... as well as helping fix busted SQ's. I'm planning to bring "ol' smoky" out to the next one for you.

So much action and people to shout out to but I'll try... Bill, Motorboatin' Randy, NorCal Bros, Nelson, Josh, Brett... and all the other new faces I got to meet (I'm horrible at names), I will see you all next year for sure.

-Robert

I had an absolute blast! I didnt think last year could have been better, but this year was 10x better then I could have expected. Meeting the Vegas Nats OG's and the new faces was awesome and it was great seeing so many SQ's in one place! Not to mention all the awesome cars out there! Everyone stepped their game up big time this year. We almost didnt even have anyone for the famous Toadie award :)!

I just personally want to thank Scotty for putting on an awesome meet that will be cherished in all of our memories forever and for putting in the amazing amount of hard work it takes for something like this to happen.

Thanks again Mr. Sotty!

-Mario

Thanks to you all for all your kind words as i take a time out to recover ! , the hard work you peeps put into your SQz before heading to Mesquite was OUTSTANDING and it really showed when Bill and i counted the votes from the carshow and shine Sunday morning which was so tight in every catagory that we had to bring in Randy/Yokomo in to do some coin flipping ! , but the cars are only a small part of this event , meeting all you great people was my personal favorite part of the weekend , as for the cars , my highlight was seeing the CBRII 83 Starion in person and two thumbs up go to Tim C for driving this wonderful piece of movie and Japanese automotive history out from Colorado for us all to see and to take time to give us some background history on this unique Starion and to Mick Hollen , next year arrive a bit earlier , your car would have been up there for a possible trophy if you had going by the late votes coming in for your hard work ;) , i'll be writing a thank you thread real soon to all those who busted thier butts before and during the event and to all the fab vendors and owners who donated some just AWESOME items for the raffle , got to go to work now , later peeps ! :) Edited by SOTTY

Tim and Sam, thank you again for staying up to 6:30am... it was great to meet you guys.

-Robert

Was great to meet you, as well. Vegas isn't really Vegas if you get into bed before the sun starts to rise. Having the cars break down was a blessing for me, as it put me around some of the other folks that I might not have otherwise had the opportunity to get to know better. I may even head back up to Vegas to get "Timothy" and his Ducati to watch him roll it 200mph w/o a scratch on his body again!

My only real regret about the meet was that I didn't get to spend more time with more of the folks there. There were quite a few that I didn't get to spend enough time to get to know em this year. It's easy to stick to the clique of folks you already know, yet it is more fulfilling (for me at least) to get to know other SQers whom I have not spend time around.

Great event, all the way around!

Personal highlight for my self was rolling through the back streets of Vegas w/ Scotty in the 1uz car dodging traffic on rescue missions to fix broken cars.

And Tim.C ("AMAZING GUY") locked his keys in his car! And i guess my 1uz car smells like fuel, but still got 29 miles per gallon, Sounds like it needs a chrisviper tune and a cat.

The raffle was very generous this year, vendors donated nice expensive items. I personally won 2 items that have quite high value and are being used in the next car.

So thank you first Scotty Gibb, for so much i cant list it all.

thank you twice Caliber308 (the nicest guys on earth ^_^ ) for the AEM wideband and all the laughs.

and thank you BrazilBoy for the Mookie Camber plates. wish you were there.

and thank you Boosted88tsi for the ride to mesquite , and Scotty dont / Mizz Dont for their kind hospitality, MoltoMario for Planking with me! and all of the combined Nor-Cal Crew for the Lodging, yes even Star240z and Ana "the worlds fastest facebook poster". 2 cool mexicans :o

A huge thanks to Drybear for the ride home,and not falling asleep and killing us both on I5!

Can't forget Robert, for just being Robert!

So many thanks to go out i don't want to forget anyone, but i will just cover my own tail and say "Thank you everyone"

A lot of cool cars, i love them all and it's always exciting to see so many "Deloreons" or "Contours" even heard "Stereo", whatever they are in one spot.

until next meet, i have a lot to do including another project car.

Awesome Fun at Mesquite. The drive down in the snow was the only flaw for me. Got sand blasted by a sand truck.=(

My car rolled over to the 50.000 mile mark on the way back,

Was Great to see so many cars all together in one parking lot. And meet the dedicated owners. These cars demand attention to keep them on the road.

I'll be looking forward to next years meet. I to enjoyed the Drift track and the cruise to Vegas.

Not sure how Scotty still has hair left. Thanks Cal for your part in making it happen. It was nice to see a lot of other cars. Get ideas for the next modification. Tim thanks for saving a piece of movie history. The cars were nice. People were nice. Mesquite is better than Vegas for what we did. Good to meet everyone. Glad to hear there were no issues and everyone got back home safely.

I look forward to the next meet.

I know I've chimed in once already, but I just can't say how happy I was with this meet... the time, the planning, the organization, the structure. I don't think anything could have been done any differently to make this meet any better. I think we should all take a page out of these guys book that made it all happen for future meets.

Robert, you're very welcome man. It's the least I could do since I still feel like it was part my fault. I always try to help out fellow questers when they're in need. I definitley wasn't going to let that car sit on the side of the road all night. Averse and I couldn't have done it without the help of everyone else though.

You can put me down for next years meet already! that is if I have enough money left between the east coast meet and this one. But no matter what I'll be there. Car or no car!

And once again a HUGE thank you to everyone that made this happen. And it was wonderful meeting everyone and getting to know new people with the same interests. There are a few people that I didn't get to spend much time around, but there is always next year. Can't wait to see you all again, and maybe I won't get the label "quest killer" next year...

Did BrazilBoy not go?

No, he couldn't make it due to unavoidable last minute personal business. We all know how those things can pop up at any time thwart our plans. Subzero and I were the only ones who made it coming in the planned Colorado / Utah caravan. I almost didn't make it either as the CBRII car had a starter issue that we pulled it to fix that morning. Only to find anti-freeze leaking from a freeze plug when we pulled the starter. Changed the plug, fixed the starter and drove off to not have a problem at all the whole trip! Well, other than me locking my keys in the car! :huh: The starter was a rebuilt unit that someone had bent a field coil wire over and into the armature during assembly. Bent that out of the way and it was fixed! Another store bought rebuild problem on a starter I got with the CBRII car years ago.

Yokomo: It wasn't that bad with the fumes. We were mostly just giving you a hard time.

We arrived on Thursday. No one else was there, so we drove around Mesquite, walked the Walmart mall and hung out. It would be great if more people could get there a day early so we can have more time to hang out. I hope to make it next year too.

No, he couldn't make it due to unavoidable last minute personal business. We all know how those things can pop up at any time thwart our plans. Subzero and I were the only ones who made it coming in the planned Colorado / Utah caravan. I almost didn't make it either as the CBRII car had a starter issue that we pulled it to fix that morning. Only to find anti-freeze leaking from a freeze plug when we pulled the starter. Changed the plug, fixed the starter and drove off to not have a problem at all the whole trip! Well, other than me locking my keys in the car! :huh: The starter was a rebuilt unit that someone had bent a field coil wire over and into the armature during assembly. Bent that out of the way and it was fixed! Another store bought rebuild problem on a starter I got with the CBRII car years ago.

Yokomo: It wasn't that bad with the fumes. We were mostly just giving you a hard time.

We arrived on Thursday. No one else was there, so we drove around Mesquite, walked the Walmart mall and hung out. It would be great if more people could get there a day early so we can have more time to hang out. I hope to make it next year too.

The Norcal caravan got their early as well. We left wednesday night and got into Vegas at 8am. We just partied and stayed the night in Vegas that night :).

It looks like we all had the same basic idea except we each did our own thing. Next time we can get a pre-meet meet going for those who plan to get there early! It is always less stressful to me if I plan to arrive a little early. Then a hiccup or two in the plan isn't so bad.