Agreed to buy my 3rd Quest today ...

techboy

You know your addicted when 3 years ago you decided you wanted to get into Starquest's. You spend 2 years searching for a decent enough starter Quest. And now, 13 months later you're picking up your 3rd later this week.

The guy told me if it didn't sell soon he was going to take it to the yard and have it crushed for the price of scrap. I gulped. I had to save her .... lol. What can I say, I have a soft spot for these things.

Edited by techboy

Good job on saving it, i've bought a few cars to save them from the crusher or demolition derby's haven't saved a Quest yet though. Last vehicle i bought the guy was asking what the going rate for scrap was he was stuck in my little country town with it broke down and needed cash... all it needed was a clutch and some TLC to be a good pick-up again. '82 Datsun 4x4 with a swapped in Z24 that runs like a top.

Na, not the rusty yellow one. That car in person was so bad you'd have to pay me to take that one. Not often I say this, but that car should probably actually go to the yard.

This one is another 88 white, like the one I have, but it has the tan/buck interior. I might swap the interior into mine to get rid of the red. I need to look it over real good though to see if it's in good enough condition to use. I'm probably going to hold onto the shell as a parts car for now since it's the same color and let go of the red 87 have now. Down the road though I'd like to put it back on the road b/c it's in pretty decent shape. I think I'm gonna put the motor on a stand (it's seized) and work on it at my leisure. Not sure when I'm actually going to go get it w/ the flatbed, but when I do I'll snap some pics and post them up.

I didn't find the white one in Allentown, it was Jersey about hour 1/2 away.

There is a guy in Allentown though who is trying to sell is yellow DD (completely rusted out) and an Fuji blue shell (no title). He's NOT selling the yellow w/ the motor. He's keeping that to put in another Quest. Essentially, he's selling two shells. The yellow one isn't worth much of anything IMO. The Fuji blue could be road worthy again, but it would take a lot of work and money. It's seen the road since 94 if I remember correctly. If search Conquest on CL in the Allentown area you should find his listing.

Kev - are you from Allentown, is that why you're asking? I left my phone number on probably the most perfect black 87 I've ever seen in Allentown 2-3 weeks ago, but the guy never called. Maybe he thought it was creepy. Lol. Kinda looked like the car in your sig.

Here's a few pics I took yesterday when I went over to do the paperwork.

http://img853.imageshack.us/img853/658/hpim0261.jpg

http://img685.imageshack.us/img685/416/hpim0259.jpg

http://img21.imageshack.us/img21/4855/hpim0262b.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

That one looks much nicer than the one you currently own.

I would swap all the good parts over and keep the new car.

...or you could sell the new white one to ME. I am sure I have lot's of stuff you would love to have.

:)

I'm actually kind of thankful I'm unemployed & virtually broke...there is/was a red '88 locally that was rusty and not running. The guy was threatening to crush it by Sep 1st. Yeah, I have a soft spot for starquests too. If I had money (and was single) my backyard would probably be full of them! :)