wtb 3 piece spoiler

taeisallin

You have Scott's (Pagemo) rediculously nice yellow car don't you??? Has the air dam on it already been damaged or did the shipper damage it? Look through the Pigeon Forge meet threads....someone had a brand new 87 air dam there....I believe it was CokeDoctor.

FYI......I am the machinist that did your engine :) Welcome to the boards.

Have you gotten used to the lope of that big cam and tricky clutch yet? That car was a beast to drive.

Edited by jonboyb

Yes jonboyb, I have scott's yellow quest. Thanks for the warm welcome. Also thanks for awesome engine build. I am enjoying it very chance I get. The air dam got chipped while unloading, but it's only paint chip so that will be fixed soon. The cam is awesome and I did get used to the clutch, but the clutch does slip some. Do you have any ideas or specs on a perfect clutch set up for this car? I also have some boost leak or hesitation around 15-18 psi usually in 4th and 5th gear. Any suggestions? Any ways it's nice to meet you.

Tae

Tae:

Personally the only clutch I've seen reliably hold 400+ is the Competition Clutch Stage 4 or 5. They also have far better drivability than the Centerforce you have now. Batdude on here works for them and was selling a clutch/flywheel combo in the Group Purchase section but no idea if they are still available. This clutch feels almost stock and we hot-lapped it at the drag strip in PR4Manceman's 4G64 swapped Starion cutting sub 1.8 60-foot times. He was making 479 wheel hp and over 500 wheel torque. It slipped a tad about 4-5 runs in but as soon as it cooled it was fine again. The next owner of that car literally snapped the flywheel off but the clutch held...LOL

What's the spec on the clutch? I've never put a used clutch on any of my cars, is this a good idea? And my air dam is very fixable(only chipped paint) unless you have a perfect air dam that's already painted y59 and ready to go. Thanks for your interest.

Tae

Jonboyb, thanks for the info. I will look into a competion clutch in the near future. I feel obligated to continue perfecting the car to not let down the people that built this awesome car.

Tae

i too like the wingless....

at the same time, i would like to one day be able to change things around if i chose to. i like to have options. not saying its gonna happen right away because i probably cant go back once i do put a wing on it. thats why i just wanted to play around with the idea. scott sent me a painted wing also, but i cant touch that!! it would be a sin. so if anyone has a set that might just go to the garbage, then why not play around with it :)

tae

Hey Tae! Glad to see your on the boards and able to post! I agree with Jonboy on the clutch and i think it will be the best thing for you to do for driveability. Besides you can sell the fidanza flywheel when you are done and pick up a little cash.(as anote the flywheel bolts are ARP so no need to replace when you swap flywheels).

On the boost leak the best bet is to replace the T bar clamps on the intercooler pipes with some really good quaility clamps. I used a couple from turbonetics on the car but the rest are ebay specials and probably just not holding boost under long pulls like 4th to 5th. if the boost leaks you will get a drop in map pressure that will cause the surging you mentioned. You dont feel it on quick gear changes because boost is building faster than it can leak off.

Guys Tae is a great guy to deal with and is going to be a great addition to the forums, I cant say enough about how easy he was to do business with!

Cant wait to see pictures as you continue to work on the car.

Sorry. I'll try to figure out the photos soon.

Dan, I'll pm you with my shipping info. Thanks. If you don't need I'll take both sets in case I make a mistake or I'll make an xtra one for someone else if the outcome is good.

Thanks

Tae