This is where I am going

Killtodie

Instead of an expensive solo trip to PF, I am hitting the road with 2 other friends. Much less expensive and friends along the way provide free chao and a bed.

http://img94.imageshack.us/img94/9790/roadtripp.jpg

Best $200 I'll ever spend.

you takin the quest?

lol, god no. I want to, but that's too expensive on gas, not to mention its a loud car with poly mounts and no room in the back. Taking my friends Altima, in auto :(. I suggested we take the civic but that poor thing probably wont make it up the mountains in Colorado with 3 people in it.

Here is that Alta

http://img824.imageshack.us/img824/2788/img7929i.jpg

Any time you post a picture of your plate you’re asking for the inevitable.

Especially if you or making a road trip and giving your itinerary on a map.

RING'RING'

"POLICE DISPATCH HOW CAN WE HELP YOU?"

"HELLO DISPATCH I'D LIKE TO MAKE A REPORT ON A RECKLESS DRIVER."

"YES, CAN YOU TELL ME EXACTLY WHAT HAPPENED?

WHAT DID YOU SEE?"

"WHY YES THEY SPEED BY US AT AN UNGODDLY SPEED AND NEARLY RAN US OFF THE ROAD, AND JUST MISSED HITTING A SENIOR CITIZEN ON A RECUMBAND BICLCLE..!"

"WHERE DID THIS OCCUR HOW LONG AGO, CAN YOU GIVE ME A DISCRIPTION OF THE VEHICLE AND OR A LICENCE PLATE NUMBER????"

I think you get the idea...

Damn does that Altima run on farts? How can you go that far and only spend $200? :blink:

uh, gas is like $3.50 in the middle of nowhere, over inflated tires, that thing gets 30mpg highway. 4,200 miles, gas split 3 ways, around $200 a person.

If you're smart, you'll plan for $300 in gas per person to be safe. Some states may have higher gas prices than you are expecting, or there may be something that makes gas prices spike mid trip. We were in the middle of a road trip when Katrina happened, and our gas cost home was almost 2X what it was on the way down.

Also, you may be able to sleep and eat for free at some places along the way, but what about those stops for sodas at gas stations or the quick run into Mc D's for a couple burgers when you're on the road? All that little stuff adds up. Not to mention when you go out to see the sights in places you are staying. Your friends may give you a place to sleep and some dinner, but are they gonna pay for you to rent a jet ski at the beach, or your way into some sort of attraction everyone wants to go see?

Take $500 with ya. That way if gas is more you're covered, and you'll have some money to spend when you get to your destinations. If you have some left over when you get back home, then great. If not, at least you had a great time and got to see a lot of the US. Of course, if you don't take enough, you're sure to have a bad time.

If you're smart, you'll plan for $300 in gas per person to be safe. Some states may have higher gas prices than you are expecting, or there may be something that makes gas prices spike mid trip. We were in the middle of a road trip when Katrina happened, and our gas cost home was almost 2X what it was on the way down.

Also, you may be able to sleep and eat for free at some places along the way, but what about those stops for sodas at gas stations or the quick run into Mc D's for a couple burgers when you're on the road? All that little stuff adds up. Not to mention when you go out to see the sights in places you are staying. Your friends may give you a place to sleep and some dinner, but are they gonna pay for you to rent a jet ski at the beach, or your way into some sort of attraction everyone wants to go see?

Take $500 with ya. That way if gas is more you're covered, and you'll have some money to spend when you get to your destinations. If you have some left over when you get back home, then great. If not, at least you had a great time and got to see a lot of the US. Of course, if you don't take enough, you're sure to have a bad time.

thats basicly how we do our salmon fishing trips each guy puts 300 or 400 in to the pot,, and splits up whats left when we get home , the more guys going lessons the cost for every one , normaly we have about 1/2 the pot left over but it helps if we have a break down or unexpect'd repairs

I'm back, I had no internet access the whole time Cloud, so I just read your MSG.

I had a $200 spending limit on gas, that is what I spent, I told my friends this upfront. We ended up traveling 5k miles, the most expensive gas was 3.64 a gallon, lowest was 3.21 @ costco in Phoenix. Everything else was around 3.30 to 3.50

I was borrowing my friends DSLR, cheapest Sony DSLR, wasnt taking good pics.

gas mileage as as high as 36mpg up in the mountains running 85 (not e, octane)

I was planning on going to PF with a friend and split that cost, which would have been around $300 per person, I was late in the game on hotel finding because I only planned to go with said person and she wouldnt have known if she could make it till last minute. And some crap came up last minute so both of us couldnt go.

My other friend on the other hand had this trip planned and it would have been a LOT cheaper and a lot more sighseeing. We all had friends along the route so each night we had a bed to crash on. No hotel rooms.

I honestly cant afford to go anywhere in the Conqest at these gas prices. I will try to make it to that Mitsu meet in Minneapolis in August.