So, I'm considering....

D_Venable

Parting it out (unless someone wants the shell+suspension). The car is doomed to die eventually, it just has that much rust. Plus it has a major electrical short I don't want to mess with, lol

I'd keep the motor, tranny, engine harness, rad, intercooler, dash, seats, etc.

Now what I'm contemplating is throwing the motor and tranny into a D-50/MM reg cab with the long box, 2wd, and turning it into a prerunner.

Let me know your thoughts

Derek

Now what I'm contemplating is throwing the motor and tranny into a D-50/MM reg cab with the long box, 2wd, and turning it into a prerunner.

Let me know your thoughts

Derek

Do it! I did a starquest swap into my D50/MM a few years ago. I kept the stock truck tranny though, but I'm only running 8psi and a smaller top mount IC.

http://home.fuse.net/remo/d50-pic0.jpg

http://home.fuse.net/remo/mm-swap1.jpg

Your project was linked to a local forum under the thread bad tail projects from around the world, a member loved it and started drawing it, I don't think he finished but I thought I should post it anyway.

http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m121/KiwiStarion/WhathaveIstarted1.jpg

Your project was linked to a local forum under the thread bad tail projects from around the world, a member loved it and started drawing it, I don't think he finished but I thought I should post it anyway.

http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m121/KiwiStarion/WhathaveIstarted1.jpg

HAHA, That's awesome

When I re-did my intake, I lengthened or shortened the TPS wires and they were shorting and preventing the ecu from working. Maybe yours is simple like that, but the hardest part is finding it.

Anyway, the motor is strong and you can sell all the suspension, rims(see if Jay wants them), etc.

another one bites the dust...

here in europe these cars are rare.....throwing a car away because of rust woulndt be an otpion. They would fix it.

but in the states...hey we will just throw it away and get another..... :rolleyes:

Pretty sure it's not about the rust for Derek. The frame is tweaked and rusty. There are boxed rails in the unibody under the doors on these things, and those are missing pieces. We re-enclosed some of those when we redid the floors, but not all of it, because we just did enough to get it going.

Mech, if you want the shell, it's all yours. Not only are the structural aspects of the floorboards gone, the cowl area inside the cabin is rusting out/gone from drains being clogged up. both frame rails are bent near the front crossmember, strut towers are barely held in place (and is the main reason for the tower bar, the towers were 3/8" closer together than they are right now. If I got in an accident, even minor, the car would probably fold up like a taco, it's not safe to drive for too much longer, and in my mind too far gone.

I bought it site-unseen, knowing there was rust, and every time I'd work on the car, I find new spots of rust, and just about gave up multiple times. I can honestly say, this car would not be running if it wasn't for Andrew. He got my motivation back up for the build I don't know how many times.

I'm gonna wait till next year to even consider start puling her apart. I'm gonna try and track the short, and run the piss out of her this summer, and work on the bike, I'd like to have the bike going by Sturgis 2012. Plus I should be a little more comfortable financially.

Plus there's only one 2wd long bed MM/D50 in the area, and the guy's price is far more than I could swing (or want to pay), even if I were able to sell the wheels and suspension right away (as I'd keep almost everything else savable from the car).