Mississippi River Flooding

I saw a number of pictures and videos on the Web today, which showed the extent of the Mississippi River's flooding over it's normal banks.

My God!! Before this is over, this flooding could be worse than Hurricane Katrina from Memphis, South to the Gulf.

During my trips the last couple of years, when crossing the Mississippi on I-40 at Memphis, I was always amazed at the size of the flood plain on the West side of the river. It now appears that it, as well as significantly greater area on both sides of the river, are under water.

I hope that you Starquesters which are or could be affected, are able to come out of this disaster without damage or loss of life.

My prayers are with you.

For What It's worth.

KEN

I live in La Crosse, Wi which is situated right on the banks of the Mississippi and I can atest to how high the water is. Currently its not a huge risk this far north but I agree with Ken and hope that all you guys and your cars will be ok!

Allen

My prayers are with them too. We are fairly well protected from disaster in my part of Colorado, but you never know. I drove from New Orleans to Hattiesburg MS today. Far from the flooding, and even NO looked fine.

Not as bad as stated on the news. Needs another 30 feet before it floods Beale St. But a few hundred homes are flooded at this time. Steve should be OK. I know where he lives and he isn't in danger for now.

• 2 weeks later...

Some incredible pictures of American's saving their homes from the Mississippi River flooding with their own dikes. Says volumns about the American spirit to succeed no matter what the obstacle. :)

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1388660/Mississippi-River-flooding-Residents-build-homemade-dams-saves-houses.html

I'm still praying for you guys affected.

For What It's Worth

KEN