ms 1 3.0 help

Ok I redid all the wiring on the car it is 100% good me and a good friend that works at proven performance did the harness.. still not running yet I had a couple of almost but still no cigar.What i get is back fire after it loads up I have inj pulse and spark now. what I am looking to see is if someone can share all there settings with me I mean all dwell control,after start if it has to be put in I need it I need the settings from a running car please any help would be much appreciated .

Need more info on your spark set-up. You running a edis? Are all your gauges reading correct on the megatune? Sounds like the plug wires are possibly mixed up if its loading up and then a backfire...

Make sure your plug wires are right(1&4 on spark A, 2&3 on spark B), spark inverted = yes and set cranking dwell to 6.0, running dwell to 3.0 and minimum discharge to 0.1. Those settings are close enough to get you running.

Scott

Edited by scott87star

Well I am not so proud to announce that my megasquirt experience has been a epic failure and a very big waste of funds I have sent my Ms1 3.0 out to have the mods done by a pro and still complete failure!! I have tues off so my next move is tearing out all this ms s*** and I will be installing a new engine management system hopefully with that being said I have alot os ms stuff going to be forsale I am at about 2700 bucks in ms stuff that is as far as I am concerned junk paper weights. Thanks all for those that took the time to try and assist put my megasquirt journey has come to a end!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Well I am not so proud to announce that my megasquirt experience has been a epic failure and a very big waste of funds I have sent my Ms1 3.0 out to have the mods done by a pro and still complete failure!! I have tues off so my next move is tearing out all this ms s*** and I will be installing a new engine management system hopefully with that being said I have alot os ms stuff going to be forsale I am at about 2700 bucks in ms stuff that is as far as I am concerned junk paper weights. Thanks all for those that took the time to try and assist put my megasquirt journey has come to a end!!!

I think your misinformed my ms1 works lovley and have killed most benz and bmws trying to look cool. you seriously need to reconsider and talk to questers that have the system PROPERLY installed.

and i didnt pay 2700 for it.

Edited by macrophage

No No U got it all wrong I am 2700 into my mpi setup I know ms works I just hit a brick wall when it came to direct fire I have the car running now just have some issues tring to solve now been getting closer everyday I wa looking for setting from someone that has a complete running car but no one ever posted so I am winging it