SQ's new heart

randyshaw81

After all the planning and help from this site I have finally started a masterpiece. With the help of a friend I pieced together what should be about a 380hp build. Atleast that's what I'm looking for. Might go turboed v8 someday. Give me some advice on what type of rear end would be best for a daily driver that would turn stang killer on the weekend, transmission that would fit best in the sq tunnel?

post-17233-129092859743_thumb.jpg

post-17233-129092862102_thumb.jpg

i hope you're going fuel injected.

Had to go carburated all I had and wanted to keep the build fairly cheap.

Thanks for pointing out the rocker arm.

Do you guys think a lighter drive shaft would be something worth getting for the driving I will be doing? I was thinking it wouldn't be accential.

I also decided to get cam, headers, carb, and intake manifold and still keep the stock heads. They flow enough for the applicatoon. Does anyone see how this will negatively affect my project?

I have swapped 4 small block chevy's.

The t5 is great for fitment,just a little beating with the hammer, but not reliable for the 400 hp.

Mine is a wc t5 and still I wouldnt feel safe drag racing it!

Thats why I went to the 400 turbo in another quest.

The automatics will fit with just a lttle cutting at the feet of the driver and passinger floor area.

The 350 turbo is a little better fit than the 400, and the 2 speed powerglide would be even easier but not a great trans for street in my opinion.

As far as the rear....if you have a 88-89 and want a street car leave it alone....if you want to drag it and beat the pissss out of the rear sus. get a ford 9 frame it link it and tub it.....if you have the cash!

I would take some pics and post in the swap section but its too annoying to gather pics and get them posted!!!!!

I always have troubles posting pics for some reason, I have like 5 pics and Im maxed out for some reason.....cant load anymore. So I just give up....one problem after another with the pic posting and im a mech. not a puter wizz...lol

''I also decided to get cam, headers, carb, and intake manifold and still keep the stock heads. They flow enough for the applicatoon. Does anyone see how this will negatively affect my project?''

What numbers are on those heads?

I can tell ya what runner flow and cc's they are.

I would just port match the gaskets and do alittle cleaning inside the runners then maybe cut them down .030'' or so for some compression and better flow.

flowtech longtube headers fit nicely...31110flt are the ceramic coated ones and the 11110flt are the cheap ones for 140shipped.

or you can go with the shortys which is another header that i have had great luck using.

they are sanderson cc14 I have heard the sanderson cc1c will work but havent tried it.

Some people on here have pointed out headers and say they look like they will work? but dont go out and buy them unless you know for sure! I have a lot of sbc headers laying around and have tried lots of different options which could work but not as easy.

Just seems like everything you need is on a chevy2only.com or ebay everything for a chevy 2 which is a nova 2 from the 62-67? era....those small boxy years. If you look at one next to the starquest the underhood look sooooo much alike in size.