Is Class, Self- Respect & Dignity Dead??

My main rant referring to classlessness is aimed at popular media and the effect on the ignorant masses, in particular the youth who have yet to acquire the skills to decipher and make sense of it all.

The general lack of my generation at least that flat out says " I don't read. " or " I don't like reading. " kind of leads towards the faltering of things.

I think you could have generated a more generalized statement out of that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PV571FNpIcc

This out to class things up!!

-Robert

it's because poor people have always been classless working hordes fixated on entertainment once they have enough to eat. it's been that way for centuries. it's nothing new, except now america has a lot more poor people. If you're lucky enough to see it for what it is, you're probably lucky enough to rise above it.

Well said. Me thinks the 20's are just around the corner, could be the 1920's or even earlier.

You mean we can't just blame Satin?

You can blame Satin. I personally love Satin.

But, I don't even believe in Satan. :)

Where are the parents in this situation? Who is teaching the younger generation? Kids are the parents responsibility period.There are exceptions but for the most part children are a direct reflection of the parents not on society.They decide what comes into the house.I think the problem is that we have moved from a one provider to a 2 provider household system.No longer is Mom the primary caregiver who stays home and makes sure you do your homework & eat your vegetables.The economy no longer allows one provider households as the norm,the divorce rate is over 50%.To split a child's time between,daycare,babysitter,grandma, mom & step dad,dad & step mom etc doesn't kill the children true but it's far from the best case scenario.The world is a changing.The Beaver Cleaver existence of the 50's where there was only one Eddie Haskell in the neighborhood is no more. Were starting to see a society that's to busy or to indifferent to put the time in it takes to properly raise children.Hard to fully blame the parent's though,they don't want to both work but they don't have a choice.The American standard of living is far from what it used to be. Edited by kozmikkroozer

My wife and I were saying the exact same thing ourselves last night. Just walking through Lennox Mall last night was an experience.

There are good people out there, but they are the needle in this haystack of a lost world. It's hard to be/act right when you are always around negativity. There's a lot of wisdom in Matt's (Boosted77) words. Satan wants to keep you in a blinded darkness...

A little advice: make sure you're following the right example and surround yourself with good people doing the same. Always have that positive influence around you and be a positive influence yourself. Then make it spread by sharing knowledge of that right example and helping others.

Satan didn't exactly blind us, we do that to ourselves each time we turn on that little tube in the living room. It tells us what to eat, who to like, who to hate, whats true and what’s not,,,ect...When something major happens, most people can't reason with it for themselves, they rely on FOX, CNN, ABC,ect to think for them. People who think about stuff and seek truth are referred to as "conspiracy theorists"

Thankfully the internet is still somewhat whole and the truth can't get buried that easily.

The Beaver Cleaver existence of the 50's where there was only one Eddie Haskell in the neighborhood is no more

this isn't exactly true. it's just that crime was still centralized elsewhere because the these neighborhoods were still new and controlled by the classes that didn't need crime as an income. the crime per class can't have changed too much, it's just that now there's more crime driven class members living in and near the 'cleaver' neighborhoods.

also, more crime is reported and documented now so the stats get shifted.

Satan didn't exactly blind us, we do that to ourselves each time we turn on that little tube in the living room. It tells us what to eat, who to like, who to hate, whats true and what’s not,,,ect...When something major happens, most people can't reason with it for themselves, they rely on FOX, CNN, ABC,ect to think for them. People who think about stuff and seek truth are referred to as "conspiracy theorists"

Thankfully the internet is still somewhat whole and the truth can't get buried that easily.

Fox and CNN are Satan....

No, but Jehu does bring up a valid point. Whomever you associate with ultimately reflects upon how you turn out being.

Fox and CNN are Satan....

No, but Jehu does bring up a valid point. Whomever you associate with ultimately reflects upon how you turn out being.

I've heard that before , it's not,

"You are what you eat",

but,

"You are what you hate".

We are our own worse enemy some times.

Edited by starion_cult