65mm Throttle body project

lfatty

Hi

Like the intake setup. I almost did the same thing a few years back. You did a great job.

ATCLen

Thanks! Sorry it isn't going any faster but I really got screwed on this car and I have a lot of s*** to fix.

Well, I went to the junkyard and looked one of those throttle bodies. They don't normally have a port for ported vaccuum, but you could easily drill a hole for one. I would do it on the under side of the throttle body, just in front of the butterfly. Then running the line to the dizzy would be simple.

I also picked up one of these...I'm going this route. I'll have to modify the thermostat housing, but I think I can get it to work. ;)

http://image.musclemustangfastfords.com/f/tech/mmfp_1011_1997_ford_4_6l_two_valve_engine_rebuild/30504148+w200/mmfp_1011_05_o+1997_ford_4_6l_two_valve_engine_rebuild+accufab_throttle_body_top.jpg

Well, I went to the junkyard and looked one of those throttle bodies. They don't normally have a port for ported vaccuum, but you could easily drill a hole for one. I would do it on the under side of the throttle body, just in front of the butterfly. Then running the line to the dizzy would be simple.

I also picked up one of these...I'm going this route. I'll have to modify the thermostat housing, but I think I can get it to work. ;)

http://image.musclemustangfastfords.com/f/tech/mmfp_1011_1997_ford_4_6l_two_valve_engine_rebuild/30504148+w200/mmfp_1011_05_o+1997_ford_4_6l_two_valve_engine_rebuild+accufab_throttle_body_top.jpg

Cool! You gonna mount the injectors the same way? How close are the mounts?

Cool! You gonna mount the injectors the same way? How close are the mounts?

Yeah, I'm going to mount the injectors right where the horses' tail is. Side by side.

The bolt holes dont line up well at all...but thats allright because I need to make a spacer to raise it up about an inch, and said spacer will turn out being an adapter as well.

I won't get around to doing this for a few weeks, have to collect some parts.

• 2 weeks later...

from my experience,with going big on tb,,i needed to get rid of the dizzy

as vacumn advance didnt seem to be doin its job

give it a shot,,but im gonna say your turbo will start to glow red

but your setup is different and may not be the same results

i say good luck,,keep it goin and post some numbers

bryen