i/c a 83?

starquestG54B

im getting a 83 this weekend and im getting my game plan down on what to do to it this winter. i want to innercooler it. swap in a complete lsd assembly from a 88 starion and MPI it. now i heared i could innercooler the car without swappingout the turbo and just swappingout the front aluminum intake part of the turbo with a later model i/c piping and etc. from a 88 car. is this true?

i want to do the 88 lsd swap but im not sure if it will bolt right up without mods.

third question. what MPI setup would be appropriate for this car?

83 starion been stored for 10 years .has 110k miles,5speed, all complete non-running. i know i gotta get it running first but thats not a challenge for me.

i have a entire 88 starion im takin the parts off of for the swap but idk about the turbo thing. could i just undo the big C-clip on the turbo and remove the faceplate and slip on a ic 12a turbo aluminum front without having trouble? Edited by starquestG54B

Straight swap over , even the holes for the i/c brackets and piping are already there in the 83 , you need to swap over the windshield washer bottle and bracket also , the turbo you already have covered. :)

AWESOME. who else has any ideas i should do to it this winter? its ohio thats 4-5 monthes of pure boredom and i should have the car running and the ic part down by 2 weeks. so what else should i do to it? its the one in the pic posted by autobodygod (dousche) in the gallery.

i want to innercooler it. swap in a complete lsd assembly from a 88 starion and MPI it.

why go through the trouble to run a factory intercooler/piping if you are going to MPI the car? :unsure:

you could swap the rear subframe from one car to another but that's a lot of hassle just to get LSD, swap the chunk, TT and rebuild a drive shaft and be done with it. what you should do, just my 2.6 cents worth, is leave that rare 83 BONE STOCK and enjoy it :huh:

keep the intake setup it's aton better then any other year and so what if he wants to intercool it. hell it took me 2 hours to slap mine in and probly take maybe 30 mins to swap it back. also get a turbo xs fcd you will need it.check the rear 1st it may already have a lsd even without the abs 83's from my understanding were a made to order deal not just a package setup like later years. mine has a lsd and never had abs. Edited by 83_project_toy

Sounds like you will have one killer fast flatty when you are finished! I'm leaning toward MPI on the CBRII car too.

I'm not sure about the splines on the '88 rear. I'm not sure if your axles will fit those splines. I didn't think so. '87 or older will fit as long as you keep the torque tube with the rear diff.

MPI: Many options. I would say to look in that forum to get your ideas from. Keep an eye out on the Parts For Sale forum for an intake and fuel control system.