What's Bag-O-Chips been up to?

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm still tweaking the Map, Once I get it near 11.2 AFR'S @ WOT I'm ready for my dyno tune. I've got the putting around town tune on lock down :)

And yes Dred, Meet time anytime before it snows. More than likely It will be at a Sonic so Us Illinois and Wisconsin People can all get together in a collective 5 car turn out hahaha! I'll start setting up the Meet plans in another thread. :)

i'm gonna check out the load cells at that rpm and tweak the timing advance like you said, 1 or 2 degrees wont hurt anything under cruising ;)

If you had a pyrometer, theres alot you can figure out about cruise ignition advance. You can also lean that sucker way the heck out too. I always go til it starts to hitch and then throw fuel back in.

• 2 weeks later...

Alright guys! here's some music for your ears, My buddy John and I went for starbucks and took the SQ he took 2 videos. don't mind the caption, it's not a 303 cam lol.

- 7 psi cruise, hear the musical GT4088R :)

- Walk around

I'm on a T4 Divided .95 housing at the moment and boost starts to come on at 3500 RPM, At 14psi I'm at full boost at 4500 rpm. I havent turned up the wick just yet. I'm still tooling around with it. I'm also running an Apexi AVC-R with a Synapse 50mm wastegate and a 4.62 rear diff gear. Boost comes on hard and somewhat violent.

• 3 months later...
  • 7 months later...

Just updating so I can find it again later,

The car's been down because of an odd stumble issue under heavy throttle input. Rev slowly and it will rev cleanly, Stab the throttle and the chokes and then free revs. I've tested every possible issue and logged countlessly to no avail. I pulled out the wire harness a few weeks ago and made a new one from scratch. For those who want to know, The factory ECU connector housings can be had through TE connectivity, and the ECU pins are available from New edge Race tech. I purchased gold plated ecu pins to be sure i had good contact. Not to mention, there are only 36 wires coming out of my ECU as opposed to the 70+ originally :)

It sucks to do, takes a lot of patience, but well worth the hassle.

If you are using the AEM 30-1xxx, it looks like you have accel enrichment settings->http://www.ilostmymind.com/upload/accelenrichments.jpg

they are pretty basic, so it may become a balance between stabbing it vs rolling into it.

It does look like there is accel load settings though. between the two settings, you should be able to stab it, and roll into it.

is the tps reading steadily from 0-100? I have read about the old aems not liking to read 0, they want like .5% or so.

I havent messed with an aem ems in years now, so I am a bit out of practice on them.

have you called aem in reguards to this? you did pay for the support when you bought the product.

70mm isn't too big of a TB. It's most likely just in the tuning. Maybe you could locate a 65mm TB and see if it changes tip in response. I dunno. I asked my tuner if he would get start up and idle perfect and he said, "perfect? you're better off messing with it yourself cause it would take too long for me to make it good, and there is no perfect with AEM."

lol. So I did play with it, and it's darn close. I hope he can clean it up though.