Advice on fan options

alp247

Ok so coming back from the meet in Las Vegas I found out my main fan died on me. I already checked all the relays and they are fucntioning and i have to tap the fan to make it spin. Luck for me i had the Pusher fan MOD setup for emergency just incase i needed. Well i needed it and it kept the car just slightly above normal even in the hot weather. So if anyone can give me some good tips on aftermarket fans that fits well with the OEM radiator i would really apreciate it. thanks Edited by alp247

Primary Radiator Fan motor: Part no. MB356496 appox. $196.74 from the Mitsu. dealer. With the part no. you can try to cross reference it with a 1 gen. 1990-94 Eclipse Primary Radiator Fan motors are appox. $135.00 and look completely different (According to the schematic) than ours, But they might be able to be adapted. Who knows??? My Primary went out in 1992, my Secondary and Pusher fan are still working 23 years later. So, five years out of the primary fan isn't bad. After all, it works the hardest.P.S. The cost of my new Primary fan motor in 1992 was appox. $80.00, And I thought I got ripped off.$196.00 today....I might think about a alternative source for the Primary motor or all around cooling for the radiator fan motors.

Good Luck,

Bill

Edited by Caliber308