My new speaker box

cooljs78

Looks very good, although it looks like the airspace might be a little on the small size for that speaker.

ya it is i needed a min. of a 1/2cu foot but its close and sounds real good i will prob make a new one for a 10 but 12 are all i got for now. Thanks for the comment

Nice!!

BTW, did you ever drive through Salem many many years ago in that gold Starion you have?? One of my friends told me he saw one bumping hard... I think he may have been mistaken with a supra...

-Robert

Edited by Komeuppance

ya it is i needed a min. of a 1/2cu foot but its close and sounds real good i will prob make a new one for a 10 but 12 are all i got for now. Thanks for the comment

Try stuffing some fiber fill into the box. You know, the stuff they fill pillows with. I dunno how it works, but by puting the stuffing in there, it makes the sub sound like it is in a bigger box. You'd think by puting more stuff in the box it woud lower the airspace,but it sure doesn't sound that way.

Try stuffing some fiber fill into the box. You know, the stuff they fill pillows with. I dunno how it works, but by puting the stuffing in there, it makes the sub sound like it is in a bigger box. You'd think by puting more stuff in the box it woud lower the airspace,but it sure doesn't sound that way.

Supposedly the fibers "wiggle" and dissipate the heat in the airspace and trick the sub into thinking it's in a larger box. Seems completely counterintuitive to me as well to cram a box already too small full of stuffing but it works. I have 2, 15's in a custom fiberglass enclosure where my rear seat used to be and it's was about 10% too small. Added Polyfill (roughly 1 lb./cu.ft. is a widely accepted amount) and the tone of the box changed drastically (for the better).

Edited by jonboyb

I did fill the box before i put the speaker in and it dose make a different. Thanks guys for all your input and i will get more pics of the new box that im doing for the hole trunk of my buddy quest and a supra coming up this weekend :D

Nice!!

BTW, did you ever drive through Salem many many years ago in that gold Starion you have?? One of my friends told me he saw one bumping hard... I think he may have been mistaken with a supra...

-Robert

no this one been here sitting for about 9 years i just picked it up last year and it was all stock even the radio. One of these days i will make it up there and and we will all have to meet up. There are three quest down here that i know of

In my old quest I had a box with 2 Infinity 12's. I called Infinity and they calculated it all out for me. I used fiberfil and it really kicked. It was actually too much and made everything rattle after a month or two. I have since decided I like less volume/bass and more listenable accurate of reproduction of music. I just haven't the time or money to find my dream system. BTW your box is really nice looking.

In my old quest I had a box with 2 Infinity 12's. I called Infinity and they calculated it all out for me. I used fiberfil and it really kicked. It was actually too much and made everything rattle after a month or two. I have since decided I like less volume/bass and more listenable accurate of reproduction of music. I just haven't the time or money to find my dream system. BTW your box is really nice looking.

thank you

• 1 month later...