WOW, In reference to my spark plug thread

allen405

I had another thread going "I took a pic of my spark plugs". I put the E3 plugs in my car thinking they were really great and they were at first. Then a week ago I had started to get a weird sputter on acceleration so today I went back to NGK's problem gone.

The point of this is to say Stay away from E3 plugs. In one mans opinion

Allen, you can't accurately say that was your problem unless you put in a good set of NGK's and drive for the same amount of run-time and report back your findings. Right?

I mean, what's to say it's not something else in your ignition system that's causing the plugs to have issues? Weak coil, etc.

Turborusty

Edited by Turborusty

Allen, you can't accurately say that was your problem unless you put in a good set of NGK's and drive for the same amount of run-time and report back your findings. Right?

I mean, what's to say it's not something else in your ignition system that's causing the plugs to have issues? Weak coil, etc.

Turborusty

you could very well be right, I will try that

I have had the same problems with the e3 spark plugs on my 4g64 mightymax had them for about 5 to six months then got a weird missing problem ....it turned out that one of the plugs had went bad took it in exchanged it under warranty ran good for another 5 to 6 months then had the same problem once again took them out and back to kragen and got some ngk's. And some of my money back never had a problem with plugs since then.....its been almost a year with out any problems.... on a side note the e3 seemed to be better performance wise ...and better gas milage

I took out some NGK's that I had in my 4.7l Dodge and put in some E3's. E3's didn't seem to have the powerband the NGK's did. I noticed it from day one. Will stick with NGK's on ALL my engines from now on. Also no MPG gain as stated on box. Waste of money for E3's.

use the correct plugs for the car champion is still in business due to brigs and stratton and harley they are the two biggest consumers. Is there a reason that chrysler is the only oem to use them.... hmm the guy that designed the motor knows nothing right.

Just an aside I used something with a split electrode - not a splitfire or anything real exotic and had zero troubles with them for a long time. Can't recall what they were right now. But since there's no need to reinvent the wheel I've just gone back to the good ole' NGK. And while were at it, use NGK wires too. Dirt cheap and last really well. That Advance stuff is trash.

i will never run any other plug in a japanese motor except for ngk. ive tried all these other plugs and had trouble with them for years, when i finally started to run ngk's i havent had a dead plug or plug troubles since. and as was said about ngk wires, ive had some of the ngk wires running for 5-6 yrs with no troubles, i never got any other set of wires to go for more than maybe a year.