Heres what I get for trusting a honest guy.

h3r3tic

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whatever I talked to him its ok. He said hes gonna look for the wideband cuz its lost. I mean he didnt mention all of it but seriously its over. I already fixed it all. Im just waiting on my parts and then I can find out what other surprises are waiting. As far as wiring going.. There is no reason you couldnt just cut and wire new connectors on. It took all of 5 mins. I check all the other wiring and I think Im good to go. I wired the aftermarket boost gauge to the gauge cluster rather then the back of the headunit :blush:. I tucked away the amp wires so its clean. Im just waiting on my paycheck so I can order back tires cuz he refuses to give me the 100 he said he would cuz one of my tires blew out on the way home. Not my fault but oh well. Its not like the car he traded me had brand new front tires either like my v8 did but whatever its a loss I guess. All 4 tires tires were bald but luckily I gotta friend at walmart hooked me up wit fronts so I only need to buy backs.

So he won't give you the extra 100 because he expected 4 good tires and since one blew, he only got 3 good tires. Yet you expected a whole list of good stuff that was obviously bad. Umm logic fail.

It looks like the main problem here are the wires and the brakes. The brake job is VERY crummy looking. I want to see pics of your V8 SQ to really get an idea of the trade. It looks like it's very minor stuff going on. I was happy to read that it didn't blow up on the way home. Get the car straightened out and it'll be okay.

Here is a link to some cheap Tires.

It was hard to hear your message over all the noise from the "Buyer beware/due diligence" bandwagon. Thanks for the heads up. I will probably never meet "KoM". But if I do, I will keep him and his toolbox away from anything I care about.

Good luck with the new project & keep your head up. Lots of tough guys that don’t make mistakes.

http://i632.photobucket.com/albums/uu50/camostarquest/Tough_Guys.jpghttp://i632.photobucket.com/albums/uu50/camostarquest/image001.jpg[

those where the Tires I was planning on getting I just need to wait till I get paid again.He said Mk-1 struts all around but the back were only kybs and I ordered mookeeh gas fronts. Apparently the day after the website seems to have gone down.. www.starionpartsfactory.com

http://s620.photobuc...e/h3r3tic/index Heres my photobucket.

Edited by h3r3tic

the engine bay is the last thing i look at. road trip first and run the pis- out of it. only then can i get an accurate fluid check. he probably spent the nite in a hotel two blocks from where you met.thats why it sounded so good. sucks to be ripped but i'm sure you have helped a member from making the same mistrake. :rolleyes:

wow are you kidding... Whats done to your car?

Actually i replied to your craigslist ad,,,but anyways, my car has a stage3 6 puck clutch, no cats, holset hy35 t3/t4 turbo, mandrel bent downpipe, hardpipe kit, gauges and at the moment still running the stock mass air, but switching over to a gm mass air with a programmable fuel controller, once that goes in i'll bump up the boost. Car runs really great and its a awesome daily driver, car can be driven anywhere.

ok well I see the 1gs are plug and play.. Whats the advantage over stock though

none as some says , a good bit as others see it,,

it's like out runing a Mustang then takeing out the 4 cyl that did it and replaceing it with the v8 it just out ran,, sounds like a plan to me http://www.starquestclub.com/forum/public/style_emoticons/default/blink.gif

ok well I see the 1gs are plug and play.. Whats the advantage over stock though

some small levels of tunability. If you decide to turn up the boost and install bigger injectors and want to get rid of the stock aircan and run a cold air type intake tube. Alot of folks have found it easier to get it running well with the maft.

BC_99

MAF-T all the way. It even has RPM tunability from 3000 up,by 500 increments. Something which I have not yet monkeyed with...but it is in there.

I know Knight very well. I have a very hard time believing he didn't tell you what needed to be done to the car, etc etc. Also I would never trade a car without test driving it. I drove his car before the turbo went out and I didn't notice any of the problems you said. Granted the wiring is a mess, I don't remember it looking like though.

But you did trade cars, and you should have looked it over before you took it home...

As for getting a hold of him like he said he works a lot so give him a bit to reply, and i will see if I can help some.

Thanks for the heads up. I will probably never meet "KoM". But if I do, I will keep him and his toolbox away from anything I care about.

Good luck with the new project & keep your head up. Lots of tough guys that don’t make mistakes.

LOL. I do quality work thank you. This post is quite a lesson on trading for me on a board I guess. I get labeled a bad guy because a kid looked over a car and every issue I had with the car I told him, and then gave him parts for because he was such in a rush I am labeled a "hack" or someone who "pulled a fast one" on someone. If you want I can list everything that I have found with his old car if it makes everyone feel better , but instead I have kept to myself because I realized used cars are used cars.... I can go through a list on all that I have found here if you would like to please the masses and post pictures as well, but I looked it over and realized it just drove 5 hours like my car so what issues it had was something that can be fixed as it goes.

And as far as the pictures that were posted of the swap the engine bay looks almost mirror image of what was posted. Never had I had a problem on many of the boards I have been on, and like most people who know me local on this site would tell you I am very upfront with people and the first person to offer a hand. If you want to see what work I HAVE done v8starion, I can post many pictures of my true toy car and how clean it is. I offered to take another week or two to put this car fully correct for Heretic but he said he could take care of it all at his house :shrug:. Both Cars Drove 10 hours , about 600 miles in one day, and each person is fixing the half tail items on the others car. I fail to see what the big deal is. At this point I wish I would of kept my car and thrown my 340 in it just because how clean the body was compared to the new one lol.