what do you think

Shelby

this latest oil rig fire and now huge leak is it gona run gas up to and above $5 a gal or not ,, me i beleave it will

and this is exactly what all the diff department of state and marine life officals warn'd us about happening long ago

They'll use ANY excuse.

It's summer.

It's winter.

We're drilling more.

We're drilling less.

Demand is high.

Demand is low.

The Cowboys lost.

We only made a $4billion proffit last quarter.

I'm all for free enterprise, but a monopoly needs to be capped/controlled.

im not totally in the know but do you think this type of situation should have been anticipated and a fast response team prepared?? does it seem like the rich guys are standing there scratching their heads while government agencies come to the rescue(on our tax dime)??

Mazarin hit the nail on the head.

A few months back I remember hearing/reading a news report that quoted an oil industry official who claimed that the fixed costs associated with oil drilling, transport, refining and distribution of gasoline now costs over $2/gal so it's virtually impossible for gas prices to drop below $2.50/gal ever again.

It will anyway. We've hit 'peak oil' and it's been predicted that supply and price will follow an inversely proportionate step down and up, respectively. Supply will taper off in a stepped fashion as they find new smaller reserves and run out of older, larger ones. Price will be just the opposite, and in 20 years or so we will be pissed off when they raise the price over 7 or even 10 bucks a gallon, but feel like it's free when it's $6.79. This was all predicted in the 1950's around the time America became a net importer of oil, and worse in the '70s when we peaked. It's one way or the other, but I'm pretty sure it was the '50s when we imported more than we produced, and the '70s when we peaked. Anyway, really smart people predicted it would happen in the '90s and then later (only a few years, so maybe the late '50s or early '60s) revised it to around 2005. Remember 2005? Wasn't that the first year with $3/gallon gas?

yep i can see the entire gulf fishing going to the dogs,, is already sauntion'd to death with limits on catch and keep,,

as for clean up cost ,,the pres already said the clean up bill will go to the oil companys ,,and they will pass it on to us

but for the thousands of familys put out of work over this oil, no one is gona make it up to them

and last but not least by far we import oil BUT we also export a bunch also,,

sold to the highest bidder

http://www.google.com/finance?q=LON%3AOSB1

The price of Oil was $60 per barrel last year, was $120 per barrel two years ago... currently at $85

The price of Gas was $2.00 per gallon last year, was $3.50 per gallon two years ago... currently at $3.00

I predict that a barrel of oil will rise to $100... and a gallon of gas to $3.35...