Ronal R9s

jahjah

these wheels

http://forums.pelicanparts.com/uploads15/RonalR9+0011252378168.jpg

I've heard lots of rumors about these wheels.

Were they a dealer accessory? Port installed option? Were they originaly all white? black? white with chrome lip?

Any information such as an adendum would be awesome.

these were 7's & 8's. this car also had the hatch spoiler and a dash carpet protector thingy.

http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s263/aiche_photos/Junk%20Yard%20Finds/JunkYard001.jpg

http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s263/aiche_photos/Junk%20Yard%20Finds/JunkYard003.jpg

I believe these were dealer installed options, but hey, wudda i know.......

I don't know for sure, but this is a logical theory:

During shipping and delivery, a rim(s) is(are) damaged. The dealer could either wait for a factory replacement and eat the cost... OR they could buy some aftermarket ones and pass the cost (w/ profit) along to the consumer as a "special option"

mm

I don't know for sure, but this is a logical theory:

During shipping and delivery, a rim(s) is(are) damaged. The dealer could either wait for a factory replacement and eat the cost... OR they could buy some aftermarket ones and pass the cost (w/ profit) along to the consumer as a "special option"

mm

SouNd theory, but a Dealer would wait a day for a wheel to come and the cost would get eaten by the new car dept.

8's and 9's were not a factory option, however the r9 is a replica of the american racing wheel that was put on the saleen mustangs. Ronal also made a replica for the wheel in 8's and 9's for 5 lug fox owners and the mark 7 as the rear end in the saleen mustang was the mark 7 rear.

The 8's would vary in offset from -2 to 33

The 9's most common offset was 32mm but they did make them from -4 to 32mm

Ronal's are all replicas of the saleen mustang wheel. Much like companies do knock off's today these were knock offs back in the day. They were made in many different sizes and offsets to fit a variety of cars. Just because they are r9's does not mean they will fit a quest.

Now if you ever come across the american racing variety PM me

8's and 9's were not a factory option, however the r9 is a replica of the american racing wheel that was put on the saleen mustangs. Ronal also made a replica for the wheel in 8's and 9's for 5 lug fox owners and the mark 7 as the rear end in the saleen mustang was the mark 7 rear.

The 8's would vary in offset from -2 to 33

The 9's most common offset was 32mm but they did make them from -4 to 32mm

Ronal's are all replicas of the saleen mustang wheel. Much like companies do knock off's today these were knock offs back in the day. They were made in many different sizes and offsets to fit a variety of cars. Just because they are r9's does not mean they will fit a quest.

Now if you ever come across the american racing variety PM me

Freaking awesome. I as hoping to hear something like this.

I saw someone refer to them as "Rebel" but a quick search on Google didn't turn up anything promising...

But apparently, 89-91 Saleens might have been very close.

Edited by Jehu

Mitsubishi had absolutely nothing to do with these wheels as factory accessories, or factory dealer-installed options. Any Mitsu/Chrysler/Plymouth/Dodge dealer selling these did so of their own volition. The reason you see so many of the same wheels on the SQ is because there were only a handful of wheels that would fit the car; Borbet, Enkei, Ronal, etc.