4 vs 6 bolt axle strength

Still running the 4 bolt in my '86. I know the 6 bolt axles are stronger but it is something I should be worried about? Currently have the rear end out of the car and I regreased and inspected everything. It's all in spec and looks great. In the very near future though I will be putting some substantial power to the wheels and I'm looking for some thoughts on it. I have no intention of dragging the car. Some auto-x here and there, but for the most part just a street/highway animal.

Just stay away from wheel hop and the 4 bolts will be fine. hell, wheel hop will kill the 6 bolts. I think you should be more worried about your trans to be honest.

That thought has crossed my mind. As soon as I realize my clutch isn't up to par for the power I was thinking that would be a good time to swap the tranny.

So far wheel hop has been a non-issue but I'll be sure to keep mindful of it.

Thanks for the input

Edited by psu_Crash

the only thing keeping me from ever swapping was the fact that, the 4 bolts you can still get parts for, whereas the 6 bolts are a little more difficult if you can even find any parts.

But...my thought, unless your dragging the car, or making pretty good power...thats the least of your worries.

Believe me, the trans will give out first. Two of them to be exact <_<