after looking forever, Does anyone reputable even make slotted rotors for the SQ?

NudeLobster

Well I've looked for hours for slotted brake rotors for SQ's, or atleast drilled/slotted for the SQ, and have found nothing. Ive found stock rotors for 13 each, or 4 piston big brake kits for 1400, or ebay drilled, slotted, or drilled/slotted. But none from a reputable brake company. Are there any? at all? If not, does anyone know of a nice ebay set that they can vouch for? By putting a set of brakes on my car, I'm trusting my life with those brakes, so They better be damn good, and not fail on me or warp like some cheap a** ebay set. Thanks :)

-Justin

The ebay rotors are fine actually just get the zinc coated ones and they won't rust, the coating comes off where the pad rubs but that's all. They are the same rotors you'd buy in an autoparts store. I can't say about "ceramic" pads but those are nasty messy and squeaky.

I have a set of dimpled and slotted rotors made by Race Concepts (ebay I think) they look just fine and are zinc coated (haven't used them yet). I'd stay away from ones that are drilled through the rotor as I've read they crack easily <_<

I have been using a set of drilled/slotted rotors off Ebay with the zinc coating for about 7k miles now and I love them! Pads are just some run of the mill semi metallics but I can lock up the brakes if need be. So don't be scared of the Ebay stuff, it isn't all junk. IIRC I paid around $300 for the set of 4 with SS brake lines (that I lost somewhere :mad:)

You can specialy request Slotted only rotors from Race Concepts on ebay for no extra charge. Slotted rotors are your best bet for venting your rotors and longevity on the street. I have a complete set of these and they are decent, I'v ran them hard with Porterfield race pads auto-xing with no warping or any ill effects.

I agree on the slotted rotors. You have more surface area and with the standard venting is fine for street. The starion race cars,porches,mercades,audi, and corvette have slotted from factory. I have seen those ebay slot/crossed rotors distort after a few autocross events, but that can happen with any with abuse and heat.

To chime in on the ceramic brakes, I have a set of hawk ceramic pads on my rsx and perform surpisingly well. They are quiet and make little mess.

SCORE. found slotted only rotors. Finally. http://www.summitracing.com/search/Department/Brake-Systems/Year/1989/?keyword=conquest

Powerslot brand, they have em for 60-110 each rotor. They have different part numbers for only the 87 conquest, why is that? The other part numbers are for 83-89 mitsubishi, and 88-89 chrysler, but why not the 87 chrysler? is there a difference in the 87's? if so, what?

also, why do they have one driver side front for 75, then another for 108? I can't seem to find a difference between any of the brakes (except their respected placement), so what makes for the 40 dollar price flex?

Edit: the 110 rotors are cryo-treated/finished. but what gives with the different rotors for the 87?

Edited by NudeLobster

i bought a set off ebay from a company in canada they are drilled and slotted zinc plated all four cost 150.00 shipped to my door they have been on the car for 1 year now and about 2000 hard miles :) with semi metallic wagner pads and they are great ! as far as them cracking i never knew anyone who had a rotor crack that was drilled that is why there are limits as thin as you can cut them never go beyond that thats just dumb !

Still can't find only slotted rotors, even on ebay <_<

All you have to do is email them before hand and request slotted only. There was no additional charge for the special request.