ITS ALL OVER***Thank you all for the love and support

starquestJOE

Glad to hear it. Just don't overstretch yourself trying to get back on top now that you have the opprotunity.

Sadly, I know all too much about unemployment, but luckily never any really serious health issues. After me not being able to find a job in a city saturated with unemployed people with the same talents as me, we decided to up and move from MI to TX where there was more work (and better weather). We had flirted with the idea for a few years but finally realized we were at our lowest point and it was then or never. We lost a lot, but not everything. However, I'm afraid if we had waited just a few more months it would have been a different story, and not a good one. When it all went down, we figured it would take us a good 5 years to get ourselves back to where we want to be. We're about 2.5 years in and ahead of schedule.

Anyway, be patient and good things will come. I'm not saying to be lazy or not be driven to reach goals, but after having such a bummer of a time for a while, enjoy the good stuff for a bit. There's no reason to stress yourself out trying to be back on top tomorrow, or even next month, you'll get there in due time.

again thank you all for the kind words. mark i know i wont be back on top yet. but i'm one that wants to support my family. i dont mind working very hard so my wife doesnt have to. right now she has 2 jobs. god bless her. but i also cant wait to work again. i've been lazy for 9 months i'm done. i'm bein nothing more then a house wife. not for me. i need my 8-12 hours out of the house doin work. but i'll live it up for now. treat the mrs to some nice thing. also i.ve bein think of goin to school. i never liked school, but i'm one smart cookie. just never applied my self or really cared. but its now a option for me. plus at the time i didnt want to birden my parents with payin for schooling

• 1 month later...

well back from the dead.......

havent updated this for one real reason.......i spoke too soon. i went to the hearing with high hopews for the future. but sadly it never happened. i waws 5min from ending it all. and they pulled the offer.

they tried to pull a fast one on me and i caught it. i had to sign a C&R agreement. basiclly sighing over everything. which was fine with me. i cant sue them and every get a job they again....FINE. But the thing i caught on to was i have a open comp claim from 06. when i first strted this job, i almost ahd my lower left leg cut off. i have a plate and 6 screws holding it together. well after it heeled i went back to work. and have bein living with the pain for 3years.

So by signing the c&r it was also sighing the comp claim over to be closed. Thing is it has nothing to do with my back comp claim. So after canceling my fianl hearing, the company lawyers pulls the offer 5min before goin in front of the judge. that was Feb. 4th

fast forward til now. i was wanting on a hearing coming up on the 11th. and a new fianl hearing on the 25 of this month. in which the judge would have to deside if i get paid for my claim or not.

yeasterday i get a call from my lawyer. i'm think it was just to remind me the time to meet her at the court house. .......BUT she called to tell me they are going to settle and leave the leg comp claim open!!!!

Now the fianl hearing on the 25th is cancelled and now the hearing on the 11th is goin to be the fianl one. i go sign the papers again and it should be all over. Then 30 days later i get my money. So hopefully this time is it. i really cant deal with this much more. so i have high hopes for this thrusday

Thats about it for now. but i will update as i find out more

ITS ALL OVER FOR GOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D

WENT TO COURT THIS MORNING, and it went all as planned. it was allover in about 15min or so. But great news is I"M A FREE MAN!!!! free to find a job again. free to work on my car. free to play with my kids again. free to do what ever however i want

within 30days i will get my settlement check. 87k. sounds like alot but we have 10months of bills to catch up on. most important thing is the weight lifted from me and my wife. no longer have to worry what bill we can and cant pay this month. and i'm not goin to be stupid with the money. a large some is goin to my house. and the rest is goin in the bank.

i have bein lookin into a new car, mainly evo's. but i cant figure out want i really want. i like some many cars. but mitsubishi is my first choice

Don't blow it on a new car, they loose value very quickly (bad investment). Let it sit in the bank for a few months before you decide, let the shock wear off before you spend it. Then, if you really can justify it, buy that new car <_ .>

Congradulations, and good job not screwing it up all this time.

If you do decide to buy a new car, I vote Evo 8 MR

Otherwise I say just put it toward the house, and in the bank as you said. I may be young, but I'm not dumb. As you should know now, s*** can happen at any time, so that money in the bank will be the best thing since sliced bread if it's ever really needed. Glad to hear everything worked out!

Put the money in the bank for a time like this. I would rather have saving than a new car. In this world you never know when you might lose the next job, or something might happen to your family. If you are set on getting a car buy used and pay cash..

If you can't pay cash for it then don't get it.

And congrats. Happy to see this is finaly over.

Edited by natedog_37

i may buy a evo. not sure at all. we need another car. i dont have one and we only have my wifes element. my conquest is only out in the summer. i also want awd like the element. i was looking into a montreo as well. i wount be buyin anything til i have a job for atleast 3months. 03-04 evo's have come down in price so thats what i'm looking to get. for now i can use my parents elantra. but they are movin out of state soon.

do yourself a favor, and if you find you really need another car.....buy a used one still under warranty. Let some other sucker eat the depreciation and save yourself from throwing that money away.

Chad is right, new cars are a bad, bad investment.

Turborusty

i would never buy a new car. way over priced and not worth anything a day later. the one problem i have is i like alot of cars. i'm lookin at corrado, jetta gli, evo's, f250, cummins, montreo, 65 caddy, big 79 blazer, and on and on.

i would never buy a new car. way over priced and not worth anything a day later. the one problem i have is i like alot of cars. i'm lookin at blah, blah, blah, blah, CUMMMINS, blah, blah, blah, and rabble rabble.

I see. :D