Search for The Black Pearl

OBSESSIVE_ENT.

ok after day one (it started to rain) heres where i got so far

http://i823.photobucket.com/albums/zz159/obsessive88/P1010048.jpg

the custom line for the break line I didnt get yet so the abs is still dangaling. I realized the wiper hook up is apart of a bundlde (going to have to unwrap that tape i guess) and the intercooler is giving me a bit of a problem comming out (the 89 AC sight glass is in the way) the condencer for the AC is on by only one bolt at the bottom and the oil cooler and water resoovior is off.

any sugugestions about some industrial degreeser to clean the bay? lol

i black tapped together the ground for the batt the alt clip the alt positive line and the starter line I also saved the area by the coil for another day cus im so scared to rip something out that i need.

on the other end of the bay by the factory alarm, I think I will black tape those wires and tuck them away. if it stops raining tonight ill remove the crusie control cable.

all in all not bad for 3 hours work.

I dont know what this thing is by the resoivor?? http://i823.photobucket.com/albums/zz159/obsessive88/P1010049.jpg or if it can be removed.

Thanks again everbody that came before me for leading the way....

oh one last trivial note, since im using the 89, "Black Betty" will be parted by nov. "jessie the beast complain" lol should have her engine by sept or oct (depending on when that financial aid check comes lol) and ill start sorceing tirod bushings and lil stuff like that in aug. whewww! all this with the lil one's tuition and mortage and bills annnnndd keeping the expense of the build away from the ball and chain lol.

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Several things to consider at this point. You will never have a better opportunity to clean or paint the engine bay so don't rush past that.

Here in Arizona I can rent a heated/pressure washer. They say it isn't quite a steam cleaner but it is pretty hot.

A steam cleaner will clean things like you wouldn't believe. But they are dangerous and it is easy to get burned using one. (ask me how I know this)

I don't know what your house is like, water pressure etc. It is possible to crank up your hot water heater to it's max (warmer than you would want it normally cause you don't want to scald someone) and then use some degreaser and if your water pressure is good just hook your hose directly to your water heater and and use it.

I wouldn't run hot water through the little electric pressure washer that are for sale everywhere. I'd be concerned it would overheat the pressure washer.

Serpent,

Didn't you just recently do a second one of these?

Not yet, the guy decided to get an r154 as well after all of my goodluck with the w58. I'm waiting on him to pull the motor so i can schedule days off to knock this out.

my head is on overdrive (cant do much till the motor comes) side pipes?? quite ones though. I intend to go to the speed shop today and get the braided break line and bigger fuel line (for the double walbro 255 that i resarched that i need.

also there is a memeber with a fiji that has the front bumper cut to accomodate a bigger intercooler. estheticly i wanted to keep it looking stock. would it even make a difference if i made up some ducting panels to funnel the air?

hairbrain idea fans to pull the air through like the rad???

Edited by OBSESSIVE_ENT.

What makes you say you need double Walbros?

I haven't heard that discussed in several build threads.

As for money outlay... most of the vendors that you get a 2JZ from will say that for warranty you must replace the timing belt (and many say waterpump as well). I know Serpent didn't and has good luck.

On the other hand, so far I did the timing belt, water pump, cam seals, and front main seal. I still need to put a new thermostat in it and do the rear main seal. All those parts will run close to $400 with everything except the belt and stat coming from the dealer.

My major expenses that are still infront of me... I need a driveshaft (custom.. appox $400), fabricate a complete gauge setup into the cluster ($800-$1000), radiator and intercooler solution. Mad-Dax cut and rewelded the inlets to the OEM Intercooler and is using it. I haven't seen any pictures to see exactly how he did it tho.

Finally I am going to have to figure out how to do the lines for the PWR Str and A/C. I'll consider myself fortunate if the A/C compressor is functional on the 2JZ.

Oh yeah, I'm going automatic so I have to sort out the shifter as well.

But we are moving along... just very slowly at the moment. I got interupted in my project by AADD (Automotive Attention Deficit Disorder). Sidetracked to get a new 2010 Challenger R/T Classic.

I'm keeping close tabs on your build to see if I can learn anything as you go.

seems like we are both on a long road. well ive been collecting turbo magazine since 89 (even have the issue where they featured the Starion) and in the late 90s they had a supra issue of cars making from 700 twin turbo to 1300 twin turbos. and they all have dobule walbro as an esential. also I have a website that lists hp power on stock internals (crazy)

Sunday, July 11, 2010.

Toyota/Lexus Dyno Archives

600+ WHP Graphs

MKIV Toyota Supra TT (909 WHP)

2JZ-GTE / Internally Stock / HKS 264 Cams

HKS T51R SPL / HKS Manifold / Veilside Style IM

5" DP and 5" Exhaust / 5" Aeroturbine Muffler

AEM EMS

MKIV Toyota Supra TT (737 WHP)

HKS T51R KAI / HKS Manifold / TMS Style IM

AEM EMS

MKIV Toyota Supra TT (843 WHP)

HKS T51R SPL / HKS Manifold / Veilside Style IM

AEM EMS

MKIII Toyota Supra Turbo (647 WHP)

2JZ-GTE transplant / Internally Stock / BC 264 Cams

PT67H / Tubular Manifold /

4" DP and 4" Exhaust

AEM EMS

MKIII Toyota Supra Turbo (639 WHP)

2JZ-GTE transplant / Internally Stock / BC 264 Cams

PT67H / Tubular Manifold /

4" DP and 4" Exhaust

AEM EMS

MKIV Toyota Supra TT (601 WHP)

2JZ-GTE / Internally Stock / Stock USDM Cams

HKS T51R KAI / HKS Manifold / Stock IM

3" DP and 3.75" Exhaust / 3.75" APEXi Evo Muffler

Speed4Sale remapped ECU

400-599 WHP Graphs

3rd Gen Toyota Camry V6 (405 WHP)

1MZ-FE 3.0L / Forged Internals / 3MZ Crank

Twin GT2860R / Sidewinder Manifolds / CCHT Portwork

Dual 2.5" Downpipes / Dual 2.5" Exhaust / Supra TT Muffler

AEM EMS

MKIII Toyota Supra Turbo (501 WHP)

2JZ-GTE transplant / Internally Stock

GT4088R / Tubular Manifold

3" DP and Dump

MAP ECU / 1JZ-GTE ECU

3rd Gen Toyota Camry V6 (447 WHP)

HKS T51R KAI / Sidewinder Manifolds / CCHT Portwork

Dual 2.5" Downpipes / Dual 2.5" Exhaust / Supra TT Muffler

AEM EMS

MKIII Toyota Supra Turbo (404 WHP)

7M-GTE / Forged Internals / CCHT Portwork

SP61-CT26 Turbo

3" DP and 3" Exhaust

GReddy E-manage

MKIII Toyota Supra Turbo (479 WHP)

SP61 / Ported Exhaust Manifold

3" DP and 3" Exhaust

GReddy E-manage

Lexus IS300 E-shift (418 WHP)

GTE Internals / Stock Head

T04E/T4 / TurboEast Manifold

3" DP / 3" Exhaust

Haltech E6X

MKIV Toyota Supra TT (550 WHP)

2JZ-GTE / Internally Stock

GT4088R / BL Manifold / Turbosmart 48mm WG

3" DP and 3" Exhaust

APEXi SAFC Neo

MKIV Toyota Supra TT (404 WHP)

Stock Twins / GReddy FMIC / APEX Intake

3" DP and 3" Exhaust

AEM EMS / HKS DLI

MKIII Toyota Supra Turbo (423 WHP)

T66 P-trim / Ported Exhaust Manifold

3" DP and 3" Exhaust

APEXi SAFC

MKIII Toyota Supra Turbo (431 WHP)

SP61-CT26 Turbo / Fuel System

3" DP and 3" Exhaust

GReddy E-manage

Lexus GS300 Auto (422 WHP)

2JZ-GE / Supra Internals

GT35R T3 / Tubular Manifold

3" DP and Dual 2" Exhaust

AEM EMS

MKIV Toyota Supra TT (481 WHP)

GT3582R T3 0.63 A/R / Log Manifold

3" DP and 4" Exhaust

MAP ECU-II

MKIV Toyota Supra TT (568 WHP)

2JZ-GTE / Internally Stock / HKS 264

BL67 kit / DMT Intake Manifold

4" DP / 4" MP / 3.5" Exhaust

AEM EMS / Meth

MKIII Toyota Supra Turbo (489 WHP)

SP61GT Turbo / Fuel System

3" DP and 3" Exhaust

GReddy E-manage / E-01

MKIV Toyota Supra TT (404 WHP)

JDM 2JZ-GTE / Internally Stock

JDM Twins / Chipped ECU

Stock DP / 3.0" Exhaust

3rd Gen Toyota Camry V6 (567 WHP)

HKS T51R KAI / Sidewinder Manifolds / CCHT Portwork

Dual 2.5" Downpipes / Dual 2.5" Exhaust / 3" Muffler

AEM EMS

Lexus IS300 E-shift (417 WHP)

GTE Internals / Stock Head

T04E/T4 / TurboEast Manifold

3" DP / 3" Exhaust

Haltech E6X

MKIV Toyota Supra TT (476 WHP)

Internally Stock 2JZ-GTE

Early BL67 Kit / 3" DP / 3" MP

Invidia 3.0" Exhaust

HKS VPC / SAFC-II

MKII Toyota Celica-Supra (451 WHP)

1JZ-GTE / Stock Motor

HKS Twins

3" DP / 3" Exhaust / Catless

GReddy EMU / AEM Meth System

MKIII Toyota Supra Turbo (454 WHP)

T66 P-trim / Ported Exhaust Manifold

3" DP and 3" Exhaust

AEM EMS

Toyota Corolla AE86 (420 WHP)

F22C Motor Transplant / Stock Internals

GT3076R / Topmount

3" DP / 3" Exhaust / Catless

AEM EMS / 51mm ITB's

JDM MKIV Toyota Supra TT RHD (427 WHP)

Internally Stock JDM 2JZ-GTE

PT67H / 4" DP / 4" MP

4.0" Exhaust

GReddy E-Manage

Lexus IS300 E-shift (410 WHP)

Wiseco 9.0:1 Pistons / GTE Rods / CCHT Ported Head

GT3076R / Tubular Manifold

3" DP / 3" Exhaust / Supra TT Muffler

E-Manage Ultimate

Lexus IS300 E-shift (410 WHP)

Wiseco 9.0:1 Pistons / GTE Rods / CCHT Ported Head

GT3076R / Tubular Manifold

3" DP / 3" Exhaust / X-Force Varex 3.5" Muffler

E-Manage Ultimate

100-399 WHP Graphs

Toyota MR2 Turbo (317 WHP)

5S-GTE/3S-GTE Hybrid

T3/T4 / Deltagate

3" DP and Exhaust

Electromotive Tec3

Lexus GS300 Auto (371 WHP)

GTE Internals

PT67 / Custom Turbo System

3" DP / 3" MP / Dual 2.25" Exhaust

AEM EMS

Lexus IS300 E-shift (348 WHP)

Stock Internals / 10.5:1 CR

GT3076R Divided / Tubular Manifold

3" DP / 3" Exhaust / Supra TT Muffler

GReddy E-Manage

MKIV Toyota Supra TT (379 WHP)

Stock Twins / Stock Intake

3" DP and 3" Exhaust

AEM EMS

MKIII Toyota Supra Turbo (346 WHP)

7M-GTE / Stock Internals

CT26 57-trim Turbo

3" DP and 3" Exhaust

APEXi SAFC

MKIII Toyota Supra Turbo (331 WHP)

7M-GTE / Stock Internals

K0X T3/T4 Turbo / Factory Manifold

3" DP and Open Exhaust

APEXi SAFC

MKIII Toyota Supra Turbo (397 WHP)

CT26 60-trim / Factory Manifold

3" DP and 3" Exhaust

GReddy E-manage

I couldnt get the actuall dyno sheet to print but you get the idea the site is dynomotorsports.ca

on jackass question I got the inner 4 bolts off the bumper but where else is it attached?

You are on a path for more performance than I am. I am pretty comfortable with getting the motor/trans in and get everything working. I don't need insane horsepower. If I get an honest 300/300 I will be in good shape.

I don't remember exactly what had to be done to remove the bumper. I did it some years back on my Palermo Grey to install a new front air dam. It was a PITA.

http://www.starquestgarage.com/manuals/service/conquest/1988/88_conquest_service_nav.html

The link above will take you to an online 88 service manual. You should find your answer there. If not drop me a PM or email and I will look it up in my maint manuals that I have in the garage.

You are on a path for more performance than I am.

A single Walbro 255lph will be more than enough for your goals, as they can support roughly 600 crank hp at 60psi(fuel pressure) with 13.2v driving it, and its in the mid 700's if you can get a steady 17.5v fed into it.

thanks AZ ill check it out after i drop the lil one off to grandma. the reason im going so high for hp (a drivable 620-700+) is i will also be loaded down with a full audio system. thanks Just, I really thought you needed two, several different supra sources said they had two and at least three featured builds in different tubo magazines had two so i thought that was the order of the day.

I will use this entry to list the cost of everything i needed hopefuly by the end of this it will be a help to those that come after me.

Also I had some free time between nursing classes question where can i find a site for bushings and such??

thanks AZ ill check it out after i drop the lil one off to grandma. the reason im going so high for hp (a drivable 620-700+) is i will also be loaded down with a full audio system. thanks Just, I really thought you needed two, several different supra sources said they had two and at least three featured builds in different tubo magazines had two so i thought that was the order of the day.

For AzStar's goal, he'll only need one(I run more rwhp than his goal on one walbro), but anything over 450rwhp and I would start buying the parts to run a dual setup. The pumps are like $100, so it's realy a no brainer when it comes to the whole build cost and a less taxed fuel system.

rain cats dogs and pigmeies yesterday so i got to thinking about the side pipes i found this

http://www.streetsideauto.com/products.asp?SubID=2029&brand=BDXN&series=Hushpower+II&ResetVQ=True&LookupType=NON

I think whe have 5 or 6 inches under the car and i would just weld a U bend and a rectangular tip out the passenger side (dont need to go through the nonsense of an ex pipe for the dirvers side. what do you think???

rain cats dogs and pigmeies yesterday so i got to thinking about the side pipes i found this

http://www.streetsideauto.com/products.asp?SubID=2029&brand=BDXN&series=Hushpower+II&ResetVQ=True&LookupType=NON

I think whe have 5 or 6 inches under the car and i would just weld a U bend and a rectangular tip out the passenger side (dont need to go through the nonsense of an ex pipe for the dirvers side. what do you think???

I'm not feeling the side pipes idea. To each his own. I think these cars look SHITHOT with dual exhaust out the back tho. Just haven't figured out how to pull that off with the offset gas tank.

i hear ya AZ i think becasue of the stance it may be damn impossible lol. I wanted a shorter travel for the exhaust gasses thats all. and i dont mean the pipe layin the length of the step board just two squares poking out infront of the rear wheels

i hear ya AZ i think becasue of the stance it may be damn impossible lol. I wanted a shorter travel for the exhaust gasses thats all. and i dont mean the pipe layin the length of the step board just two squares poking out infront of the rear wheels

Well, I'm also at the point in life where I don't want my cars too loud either.

So having my exhaust note right under my armpit might not work. LOL

lol thanks for reminding me i have a muffler ticket to fight Aug 3 lol

i better let sleeping dogs lie.

also bushings shocks struts where can i find those. Apparently kyb dont make the agx anymore and eibach has no application for our cars so tokico it is

Ok I took a back seat with studying for this test monday (hate anatomy and physiology)on Sat to get a little further on the car. Ill be studying most of today. Yy 6 year old daughter wanted to help so badly I had her poiting out dirty spots on the car (that kept her busy. She then asked to take pictures so I said why not (ignor the fat man in the engine bay) http://i823.photobucket.com/albums/zz159/obsessive88/P1010062.jpg

I took out the ABS (well tore) at the line mid-fire wall. The 89 has a T fitting for the line right where they curl under the car so I have to get a line wrench and tap the line there. http://i823.photobucket.com/albums/zz159/obsessive88/P1010052.jpg

Its 7:45 in ny so before the sun comes out to kill me I will unclip the cable to the cruise control and take that out. The ingnighter box and the 4 selenoids above it as well as all the headlight pop up and stuff I tucked away on the side im sure I need to keep that.

I used some super degreeser that took off some paint lol and sprayed 2 test coats of rustolium 2000 degree engine paint (flat black). I have an idea for the engine bay and im dying to try it out. http://i823.photobucket.com/albums/zz159/obsessive88/P1010067.jpg

I was looking on Ebay (man that place is going to be the death of the traditional speed shop) and im watching a rad

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Mishimoto-Aluminum-Radiator-Toyota-Supra-Turbo-93-98-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem414d1cd6baQQitemZ280466609850QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories as well as a cyro 2 intercooler spray kit (me and my crazy ideas again) and intercooler (unless in your infinate swap wisdom Dax and Serpent you think the stock one is fine.

Basically ive been a busy bee for 3 hours yesterday. Cant wait for this summer class to end so I can really jump into it.

As I said before the idea is to prep everything so when the financial aid check comes in oct all I have to do is get mounts wiring and dirve shaft before it starts to get cold.

Edited by OBSESSIVE_ENT.

If we can get some input from the guys that have done this... which of those brackets that are spot welded onto the inner fender wells won't we need?

What I am considering doing... may have to wait til I do the fabrication... is to take a dremel and cut off the unused brackets. Just have to see which ones I need and don't.

If we can get some input from the guys that have done this... which of those brackets that are spot welded onto the inner fender wells won't we need?

What I am considering doing... may have to wait til I do the fabrication... is to take a dremel and cut off the unused brackets. Just have to see which ones I need and don't.

Which brackets?

Thanks Serpent. As for mouonts I blew up the picture of DaXX's plates transfered it to cardboard and am waiting till i get the engine to have them trasfered again to metal.

As for the brackets im keeping them never know what you may need to bolt and rather than going from shaving filling to smoothing ill just keep them. the swap it self should be enough for the judges. lol

Edited by OBSESSIVE_ENT.